Computer Upgrades!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to upgrade my 3.2GHz P4 to a 3.4GHz AMD64, thats decided

BUT im having trouble with RAM, Should i upgrade to 1024MB of 500MHz DDR? or 1024MB of RDRAM? Which one performs better?

Uhh. AMD64 3400+ runs at 2.4 GHz, not 3.4 GHz. If your getting that, you should get 512/1GB PC3200/4000 DDR RAM. RDRAM is faster then DDR ram, but not supported on AMD boards because AMD boards run best and only on DDR. (Unless an older model, like Athlon 2500+)

Edited by K`dash

hmm, im wondering if i should upgrade the processor at all then? blah, im too tired to deal with all these numbers, what about the AMD643400FX or whatever. Which one runs at at LEAST 3.4 GHz? Or does it not even need to run that fast to outperform it because of its better architecture. Or what if i went with a AMDXP instead of the 64 bit crap, would that work with the RDRAM? IS RDRAM faster than DDR 500MHz or not? No one seems to know anywhere i ask.

bah, im confused and tired, i should think about this later before wasting money.

THE AMD64 series does not run at over 3.0+ GHz.

AMD64 3000+ = 2.0 GHz with 1MB CACHE /w HyperTransport

AMD64 3200+ = 2.2 GHz with 1MB CACHE /w HyperTransport

AMD64 3400+ = 2.4 GHz with 1MB CACHE /w HyperTransport

AMD64 FX-51 = 2.6 GHz with 2MB CACHE /w HyperTransport

AMD64 FX-53 = 2.8 GHz with 2MB CACHE /w HyperTransport

Edit: I have an AMD64 3000+, 1GB OCZ PC3200 RAM, and an ASUS KV8DLX a64 motherboard not installed yet.

Edited by K`dash

No, they will run just as well on an AMD64 3400+. Yes the advance architecture makes up for it. This benchmarks shows that an AMD64 3400+ paired up with the right RAM and motherboard, is better then an AMD64 FX-51 and an Intel PIV 3.4GHz EE.

Edited by K`dash

ok that eliminates spending 750 bucks on a processor then hanginl

im going to go with 1024MB 500MHz DDR, and the AMD64 3200+, i have 400 dollars now, and ill have another 100 tomorrow, and you wont beleive how!!

My stupid kiss ass dumbflock neighbor is probably the most retarded neatfreak shithead gossip ever to walk the face of the earth, BUT i mooch off her pickyness!!

There are all these trees in her backyard which arent good enough for her and she wants them gotten rid of!, being the dumbass that she is, she thinks it would cost like 3000 dollars to pay some people to come get rid of them, SO, i am getting paid 100 dollars a day to chop em down! (of course im delaying though :P) They are these stupid Sumac weed trees that while over 3 inches thick, i could break with my bare hands, even the 6 inch thick+ huge ones.

But who wants to do that? Everyday i run out there with a hatchet and a chainsaw, and scream and chop and go mental with flying bits of tree and liquid from the trees and red see seeds flying EVERYWHERE, all over me, the house, the yard, even the road over the hill in teh backyard. Im getting PAID to go mental with hatchets and chainsaws!! woo!!! Its like a bloody mess of trees!! I walk in teh house covered in tree chunks!!

Mindless destruction+pay=heaven

BTW its probably quite a site to look out your window and see me going mental with a chainsaw on trees ROFL

Edited by Shibathedog