Barbershop Director Takes On Fantastic 4!

Courtesy of Movies.com

April 7, 2004

Barbershop Director Takes on Fantastic Four

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) — Tim Story has been picked to direct a movie based on Marvel comic book heroes The Fantastic Four, putting a film on track to start shooting this summer for a debut in July 2005, a Marvel spokesman said on Tuesday.

Story previously directed 2002 low-budget hit Barbershop for MGM and has a new film, Taxi, coming up this year.

New York-based Marvel will see its Spider-Man 2 movie released by Sony's Columbia Pictures this summer. But investors were concerned the licensing and comic book company lacked a high-profile superhero movie for 2005.

Movies with well-known characters like Spider-Man spur sales of toys and other merchandise, helping boost Marvel's licensing fees. Films about lesser known characters, such as The Punisher, have less impact on merchandise sales.

The Fantastic Four — Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, and Human Torch — are one of comics' most popular and enduring groups of superheroes. But they aren't crime fighters like Spider-Man. They are adventurers and space explorers in contact with alien races.

The foursome first appeared in a Marvel comic in 1961. Marvel is working on the film with Twentieth Century Fox film studio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought this was an interesting piece of news for those who are like me, being big marvel movie fans. and i jus wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on who should be the FANTASTIC FOUR.

we got Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The THIng, and Human Torch.

Mr. Fantastic- Pierce Borsnan? I had to think real hard on this one...

Invisible Woman- i chose someone who is older, yet sexier than ever, and that is Diana Lane.

(note that these two are middle aged married couple i believe, right?)

The THing- i ono most likely being CG or a very sophiscated costume (hellboy), id say...............i dont kno, lets see what u guys say haha.

Human Torch- A blonde dude, who is raging with energy and charisma, id say Paul Walker.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There already is a Fantastic 4 movie, It was never released, You can find it on kazaa, Its pretty bad.

The Fantastic Four aren't mutants at all. Their powers come from cosmic ray's spilling into the space shuttle during an accident in space.

What the hell is up with the superhero revival?

I like it and all, but I mean, most of these movies suck except those select few that aren't for the $ (Hulk is a good example).

I hope that superhero movies from now on have good story and direction. Right now it is all $hit.

Anon.

I like it and all, but I mean, most of these movies suck except those select few that aren't for the $ (Hulk is a good example).

I hope that superhero movies from now on have good story and direction. Right now it is all $hit.

Anon.

even spiderman??? =*(

Anon.

even spiderman??? =*(

Yea. The story line sucked, direction wasn't that great (even though it is one of the best directors, Sam Raimi). It was solely to make money. Didn't dig it.

Anon.

Edited by AntiWinner22