Most Influental Co. Of All Time...

What Co. Has Had The Most Influence?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll ask the question: What criteria makes for the "most influential company"? Once we have that, we can make the real decision.

Well to me, an influential company would be a company that sets a standard for something, creates a whole new genre, or massivly improves an existing technology.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did not alot of people have the SNK system?

Because it costed so much you would need to take out a second morgage to afford teh games

RAM costed ALOT back then (not it costs almost nothing) so SNK decided to give the system No RAM, how is this possible? they put the RAM in the games, so each game only had the amount of RAM it needed, but this jacked up the cost of the games alot

Edited by Shibathedog

I never asked why a lot of people didnt have an AES. The point is they created a console that provided the real arcade games not conversions, they addressed the needs of many its just that a lot of people couldnt afford it. Now technology is better and cheaper and more readily available.

Pong although it was a single game it provided people the ability to play a video game on a TELEVISION........thats important to note.

I guess im more swaying towards the hardware end of things with this topic and a lot of people are thinkin more about the software.

The way I see it, Nintendo got games on the way to being as mainstream as they are today, and then passed the torch on to Sony. Sega had some influence, of course (Especially during the Genesis days), and that competition kept Nintendo healthy while the SNES was out.