Scary Games!

Rag

Alone in the Dark was a very scary game.

Thief 2 and System Shock 2 were also scary.

Quake 1 was spooky too.

Planescape: Torment can be scary, because the story is so morbid and macarbe.

Waxworks and Ooze: Creepy Nights, two very old games, were quite scary too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aliens vs Predator 2, human campigan, chapter 2. It was late at night, and I actualy gumped of my chair when the aliens came from my back.

Aw man that was scary! Actually, most of the human campaign was creepy as hell. I played the other two before that so I could keep the scariest for the last. :lol:

I have AVP2, even though i never beat it because it would freeze on me in the Predetor campiiegn. RE3 wasnt really scary but it's freak you out when you walk into a room or run down the street and that stupid nemisis would start chasing you.

Alone in the Dark was a very scary game.

what part? its already in its 4th part now (and even that is old by now)

but if you mean "The New Nightmare" game then i agree. limited ammo, somewhat unlimited zombies and moody dark mansion atmosphere makes it a true survival horror game.

Clive Barker's The Undying was a creepy FPS too though i only got to see a peek of it.

Silent Hill.

Games like Resident Evil rely primarily on jump-out-at-you type scare tactics (i.e. monsters crashing through windows). It works when your not expecting it, but I find games like Silent Hill that use a lot more of a psychological scare more disturbing. Silent Hill uses a lot of disturbing images and creepy sounds/music to scare you. BTW, I love the video for the upcoming Silent Hill game... looks very creepy.

Silent Hill.

Games like Resident Evil rely primarily on jump-out-at-you type scare tactics (i.e. monsters crashing through windows).  It works when your not expecting it, but I find games like Silent Hill that use a lot more of a psychological scare more disturbing.  Silent Hill uses a lot of disturbing images and creepy sounds/music to scare you.  BTW, I love the video for the upcoming Silent Hill game... looks very creepy.

Finally someone who shares my views.