The best Street Fighter of them all

alexis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is the damn connection and the damn machines here at work >=(

Yeah, sometimes the browser seems to load the page forever after you've pressed Submit and tempts you to press it again.

I always thought SF The Movie (the game), was tight. But my favorite, and it's not really a SF series, has to be MvsC2. But, if we're just stickin' to the SF series, then I'd have to say SFA3 or SF3rd Strike. Both were excellent games, and I loved the parry on SF3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't understand all the votes for SF2:CE, only way I can see is that all u people must have been stuck with the Megadrive/Genesis and never got to play SNES SF2. As far as I could tell the 'boss' characters were just that, and never well balanced enough to use properly although I did like using Sagat when I tired of Ryu/Ken.

This may be all nostalgia however.

So probably Super SF2 Turbo for the SNES would be my pick.

As for the Alpha series, i think SFA3 was the best Alpha game as it was the first SF game I had played in years, since SNES SF2, that actually felt almost like the SF series of old, though I never really took to the 'power bars' or whatever.

All the rest I own or have owned, as in X-MenvsSF, MvsC etc but they are all pure arcade adrenalin button bashing mayhem and not really in the same league.

As for SF3, I have never seen or played it/them. :)

Best one IMO: Super Streetfighter 2 - The new Challengers - it had everything i loved from streetfighter2CE plus new moves and characters. I must say that streetfighter alpha3 is also quite nice.

I agree with alexis that the characters in the new versions of streetfighter looks like comic characters - alpha1 2 and 3 and streetfighter 3 ;)

Snk always kept to the same style of design tho - which is a good thing

The original Street Fighters 2 : World Champion is the best since it really makes me dump in a lot of quarters!

And some more, the machine in my local arcade only has two buttons!! One for fierce punch, and one for fierce kick :mellow:

But we are still mad over it :D

• 1 month later...

Evil bump or what?

Since I'm here, I'll put in my two (ok, four or five) cents:

Nostalgia: SNES SF2. A friend got it for christmas or a birthday or something and a fighter addict was born. I'm pretty sure I played it way more than he did. :huh: New Challengers was decent but I didn't spend a ton of time with it.

SSF2T arcade may have won for nostalgia if it weren't for Akuma. Let's take our most well-rounded fighter, if not our strongest, make a STRONGER version of him and call him evil, because evil is cool. Furthermore, let's put our established and comparably original villian on the sidelines and give this guy the spotlight. Two awards here: Most Obvious Fanboy-Service & Worst Character Concept Ever.

Having never spent time with any of the SF3s, Alpha 2 wins for the recent stuff. I absolutely hated Alpha 3's "ism" system, and the new character designs were terrible (Cody was ok but his moveset sucked). Alpha 2 was pretty "roots" and had a good lineup. My only problem with the Alpha series as a whole was the development of Stay-Puff Bison.

I've avoided the SF3s primarily because 90% of the new characters look awful. I'm going to nab it when it comes out with the anniversary collection and I'll give it a shot based on the reviews here.

Edited by Daeval