Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
alexis

Has anyone ever played pc engine games?

The only thing i know is that it was the first system to use cd´s

so have any of you played them, are there any good games worthy of giving them a try, fighting, rpg and soccer are among my preferred genres but i all the genres in general. Any recommendation?

I have played a TON of TurboGrafx16 games, but never any of the CD based games that were out there. But as far as regualr TG16 games went, they were great! This system was so awesome but just couldn't make it. Twice the eye-candy as any other system at that time and some great characters too (gotta love Bonk!). Plus the games didn't take up hardly any space at all!!!! AWESOME!!!! Anyway, I'm through boasting about this system.... damn, guess I have to download some of the CD images now! haha

played a lot of the hu card games only a few of the cds very nice system could have used a better controller

I haven't played many of the cd games either. Emerald Dragon is an RPG though and I loved it at the time.

I would recommend these pc engine games though:

Gradius
Dracula X (Castlevania)
Bomberman
Air Zonk
R-type
TwinBee
Strider
GunHED
Puyo Puyo
Cosmic Fantasy
Valis IV
Fatal Fury Special

Sure, ive had a PC Engine since 1992.

One of the greatest machines ever.Id recomend:

Dracula X
Spriggan mark II
Valis (any, but 3 is my fave)
And all of the others!!!

Sorry, those are cd, for emulation, i.e. for u to play :

Final Soldier
Download
PC Kid(1,2,3)
Jackie Chan
Splatterhouse

[quote]Any place where i can get some gamepics?[/quote]

There should be lots of TG16 pics at [url="http://www.vgmuseum.com"]Video game museum[/url]

pc engine could easily be the greatest console of all time
due to the fact that it was first in just about everything, yeah grfx were not to die for but at the time, no one gave too much of a hoot gameplay was phenomenal on most games and the cd games, like dracula X were master pieces only a true moron wouldn't like

[quote]I have played a TON of TurboGrafx16 games, but never any of the CD based games that were out there. But as far as regualr TG16 games went, they were great! This system was so awesome but just couldn't make it. Twice the eye-candy as any other system at that time and some great characters too (gotta love Bonk!). Plus the games didn't take up hardly any space at all!!!! AWESOME!!!! Anyway, I'm through boasting about this system.... damn, guess I have to download some of the CD images now! haha[/quote]

Yeah I played the heck out of the turbo grafix 16 but sadly never got a chance to even try out the duo CD system :x.

tg-16 is cool simply because of Shockman :D
screw megaman, this guy could shoot up(!!) and charge his shots right out the gate! Robot dogs? Hell no he could turn into a friggin jet/spaceship!