CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Maybe its just not drawing enough power from the signal XBOX port - or maybe its a USB2 device. Since the XBOX1 was USB1, it may not be compatible.

I have a customized X-Arcade and it works great with CoinOps.

Good luck!

BritneysPAIRS is there any chance that you could fix the non-compatibility of USB arcade sticks when using a usb to xbox adapter?

I got a SFIV TE stick and it's killing me that i can't use it on teh original xbox :P

When the emu loads i see the stick 360 logo light up for a couple of seconds but that's it...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BritneysPAIRS is there any chance that you could fix the non-compatibility of USB arcade sticks when using a usb to xbox adapter?

I got a SFIV TE stick and it's killing me that i can't use it on teh original xbox :P

When the emu loads i see the stick 360 logo light up for a couple of seconds but that's it...

Same here, but I doubt there's anything he can do about it. Even if you plug in the standard USB to Xbox adapter, the kind people make themselves for plugging in keyboards and stuff like that, you still need something to talk to the Xbox and tell it that it's a controller and all that. You have to buy a certain adapter for that. I've only seen them a handful of times though.

One thing that I know I asked about before was if we could add more ROM directories since there is a limit of 4096 files per Xbox directory. Since there are multiple rom directories we can enter into Coinops, it's not a big deal or a huge worry, however it appears that there is only one videos directory allowed, which will quickly fill up if there's no way to add multiple video preview directories.

Also, I may have found a bug. When renaming and adding ROMs for consoles to Coinops, I found that all my previews wouldn't work. For instance, I added the NES version of 1942, called NES_1942.zip. I added the preview file named NES_1942.xmv to the Videos folder. It is a confirmed working and proper xmv that comes from the Ressurection Xtras project (shoutouts to everyone involved there, by the way - great stuff!). Heading to the ROM list and highlighting the NES version of 1942 does not play the preview video however.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I have the arcade 1942 also installed with the preview video and works. I know that it's not a matter of all previews for consoles isn't working as my SNES videos appear to work fine.

tested nes_1942 and its fine :P check its working on another rom name id say your video is corupted :) it could be a lower case issue...make rom and video lower case and see?

I can look at a recently added feature but im not sure its needed.....

play a game for x time I wont be adding....screensaver mode plays the videos thats fancy enough

adding more videos for fmv is easy enough it would be wierd to have over 4000 games....that is a massive amount....

look forward to N64 stuff

im about to release a xtras pack to fix the issues ive seen people have getting stuff to work.

sorry if this has been asked before, but i cant get killer instict 1 or 2 working.

i have all the corect files from the ki-xxx emu which work ok, how do i make it go

on coinops? i read the readme but am confused about the pointers bit.

This is what I done...

If you dont have winrar install it

Make a new folder called KI1,

right click select and select"add folder to archive"

select ZIP not RAR

you will now have KI1.zip

add it to roms

put all the files from KI1 in the KI1 folder

repeat for KI2, but make a KI2 folder. let me know if your still stuck

or rename a text file to KI1.zip and KI2.zip and put them into the roms folder....this will make a point....so any file named that will tell mame to do something...it wont do anything with that file and doesnt matter if its 1k or 10gig it wont do anything but tell it to launch something that is elsewhere

I have the same files Xbox Junkie and I know KI 1 is fine, didn't boot KI2 yet.

1 - have you updated to R2 yet?

2 - assuming you have - There should now be a KI1 and KI2 folder in the main coin ops folder This is where the game files go (unzipped in the folder), respectively.

3 - The pointers go in the main Roms folder and are just empty folders that are in zip files.

4 - you may need to re-scan your games first in Coin Ops, not sure

Hope that helps

2 quick questions for anyone who can answer.

1- where are settings that I have changed for controller input located(mameox)? Is that in a tdata/udata file or in one of the many ini and config files in coinops?

2 is there any CHD support? Not sure if it's even up and running on MAMEoX or not but I was taking a shot in the dark to see if I could get Chaos Heat to run. It doesn't show up in the gamelist even after I re-scanned my games.

Edited by Jodo901