CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Is there a way to run the n64/midway/ and other consoles roms from the f partition

the PSX files allow you to select but the other consoles seem to require the D partition even with the rom paths specified in the coinops setup screen.

thanks

I'm running CoinOPS Epic off of the F drive with no problems. You don't have to make any changes to the paths in the settings, just make sure that you're using the right naming convention when adding roms.

I should have been more specific. My xbox drive is partitioned with only 1GB left in E but 98 left on F:

Normally I put the coiopns files under games on the e partition and point it to the roms which i place on the F drive

It works for the arcade games but not for the other systems....if i put the other system games on the E under the coinops directory they work fine

any thoughts are appreciated

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to run the n64/midway/ and other consoles roms from the f partition

the PSX files allow you to select but the other consoles seem to require the D partition even with the rom paths specified in the coinops setup screen.

thanks

I'm running CoinOPS Epic off of the F drive with no problems. You don't have to make any changes to the paths in the settings, just make sure that you're using the right naming convention when adding roms.

I should have been more specific. My xbox drive is partitioned with only 1GB left in E but 98 left on F:

Normally I put the coiopns files under games on the e partition and point it to the roms which i place on the F drive

It works for the arcade games but not for the other systems....if i put the other system games on the E under the coinops directory they work fine

Ah, gotcha. I just tested it out with your setup and it worked fine for me.

Setup: CoinOPS installed on E: and roms installed on F: - I put the NES rom Faxanadu (great game btw), renamed to NES_Faxanadu, in F:\roms. Within CoinOPS I changed the second rom path to F:\ROMS (I used all caps, i don't know if it's case sensitive) then I scanned for new roms and it showed up just fine. Hope this helps...

thanks

Ah, gotcha. I just tested it out with your setup and it worked fine for me.

Setup: CoinOPS installed on E: and roms installed on F: - I put the NES rom Faxanadu (great game btw), renamed to NES_Faxanadu, in F:\roms. Within CoinOPS I changed the second rom path to F:\ROMS (I used all caps, i don't know if it's case sensitive) then I scanned for new roms and it showed up just fine. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the test....I did not try nes

If you have a min will you please try either an n64/midway/turbo duo cd game and post if it works

Thanks for your time

doom...midway....fba core and all console cores point to CoinOPS/roms in your build at present and cant be changed from memory so anything with a _ in the name of the rom...

Ok, Thanks again for the clarification

And thanks for great product and your continued improvement of it