-= CoinOPS ReIGNITE =-

BritneysPAIRS

OK guys im looking for suggestions... as im away for a month then who knows whats on the cards.

I wish to see a list when I get back of features... something like this

xline filter - mrx missy mrsxy mrxy

rotation of xy games only option - mrsxy

silly feature 3 - mrsxy

this is will give me a list of what people want.

I wish to get a list of drivers

say double dragon - roll back to 0.69 I would love the driver name and the version it was effected and the writeup in mame log to prove it changed in that build eg haze made sound true effecting framerate

also golden axe - mame .96 core fixed background sega16.c

I would say stf and friends should be in charge of this.... keep it constuctive and if its easy for me to look at when im back im sure some of it will be done, along with features I will dreamup myself.

Take care guys...... also ill be stripping some features :( sorry one on my list is title shots it will be replaced with another surprise directory. Let me know if you actually use it.

Good Luck guys

OK guys im looking for suggestions... as im away for a month then who knows whats on the cards.

I wish to see a list when I get back of features... something like this

xline filter - mrx missy mrsxy mrxy

rotation of xy games only option - mrsxy

silly feature 3 - mrsxy

this is will give me a list of what people want.

I wish to get a list of drivers

say double dragon - roll back to 0.69 I would love the driver name and the version it was effected and the writeup in mame log to prove it changed in that build eg haze made sound true effecting framerate

also golden axe - mame .96 core fixed background sega16.c

I would say stf and friends should be in charge of this.... keep it constuctive and if its easy for me to look at when im back im sure some of it will be done, along with features I will dreamup myself.

Take care guys...... also ill be stripping some features :( sorry one on my list is title shots it will be replaced with another surprise directory. Let me know if you actually use it.

Good Luck guys

Ok, i will try to help later in anyway i can, specially sugestions for drivers.

Regarding the titles directory, personaly i don't use it the xbox builds of 'MAME', since we need every space we can for more games if we want to keep it at the size on 1 dvd for example. So i only use the screenshots regarding extras on CoinOPS. :(

Hmm.. Features, I say FTP & (SMB) support.

As far as title shots go.. don't really use it, and won't lose any sleep seeing this feature removed.

Ps. how about keeping it CoinOPS IGNITE and just doing versions, like CoinOPS IGNITE V1.1, V1.2 etc.. instead of changing the name all the time. this way makes it easy to just update CoinOPS IGNITE you already have on the xbox.. just a thought

Edited by hellsfury

I use the title shots folder to take my own screenshots of games, then transfer them to the screenshots folder.

If this was removed, could i still take my own screenshots ingame?

As for drivers, any chance of getting Ghox to work with sound? Or the midway games? :(

An idea could be to have a 2 DVD version with 2000+ games emulated,

or to upgrade the core to mame 0.130 so people could use latest mame romset directly, right?

update the mame core to 0.130,as much as a lot of us would like an update it aint gonna happen.

djhong,bendermike....have tried but they encountered problems with the control.after mame0.84 the mame team gave everything a complete overhaul.

i am happy with mame0.84 as we have most of the games we could want emulated 2d speaking of course.cps1,cps2,neogeo and some other drivers were updated a while back.

An idea could be to have a 2 DVD version with 2000+ games emulated,

or to upgrade the core to mame 0.130 so people could use latest mame romset directly, right?

If you can find an older romset then virtually any game will work, within the bounds of the hardware. You could also try locating 'BAED3A' which I believe contains over 3000 roms, almost all of which should be compatible with Ignite. Maybe some VMM or keymapping tweaks would need applied.

As for updating the core, that is an enormous undertaking, hence why Xbox Mame hasn't seen a core update in years. Not that many worthwhile games have been added since 0.84 anyway, though quite a few have been tidied up/sound added etc. It's much easier to make a shortlist of wanted 'new' roms and just add their drivers instead.

I said before about sticking with one name and still stand by it. Ignite is a good name! The concept of CoinOPS was to have a simple emulator, why not keep the naming of it simple too? :(

NEIL222 you said any version except CoinOPS, no offense hard to listen to you after a comment like any other version, this version doesnt work. Makes me wonder if you know what your doing.

I will never update the core as most hacks are gone now and alot of games including cps2 and neogeo run slower...... need to know mods and even roll back some drivers to when they where hacked for speed.

I will probably be sticking with a numbering system from now with weekly builds of 1.1 1.2 etc Ignite Standalone and Full will be the base of everything to come.. all will be patchs to it.

Any chance of seeing "Golden Axe 2 - Revenge of Death Adder" fully emulated and perfect with no graphics glitches, as its one of my favourite games :(

it runs on the sega "system 32 hardware"

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=709

It runs in "coinops" but its got quite afew graphics glitches in it, such as background scrolling issues and shadow glitches, problem is I'm not sure what version of mame that ran it perfectly.

keep up the great work

Edited by mirsad

NEIL222 you said any version except CoinOPS, no offense hard to listen to you after a comment like any other version, this version doesnt work. Makes me wonder if you know what your doing.

Yes, I do know know what I am doing now...finally got it working ok.

Since then, I have actually posted in forums here thanking you for CoinOPS IGNITE, obviously you

haven't seen them.

:(