Who here smokes?

Lucandrake

if they legalized pot and taxed it like they do cigarettes... well then maybe I wouldn't have to pay 9.25% tax on everything else, and wait 4 months for my state tax return.

So you want to legalize something that would not benefit anyone health wise but for money gain? That's what is wrong with this country. Nobody cares about other people..just their wallets. Don't take that offensively bro 'cause I like ya but I don't think that kind of moneywise attitude will work out for everybody. Then again, I can't fault you for thinking that way because nobody cares about us anyway..so this reply is pointless haha

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they legalized pot and taxed it like they do cigarettes... well then maybe I wouldn't have to pay 9.25% tax on everything else, and wait 4 months for my state tax return.

So you want to legalize something that would not benefit anyone health wise but for money gain? That's what is wrong with this country. Nobody cares about other people..just their wallets. Don't take that offensively bro 'cause I like ya but I don't think that kind of moneywise attitude will work out for everybody. Then again, I can't fault you for thinking that way because nobody cares about us anyway..so this reply is pointless haha

I understand you had a horrible experience, hell I had a horrible experience with an alcoholic father, but they aren't gonna make blue ribbon illegal anytime soon.

I don't agree with you that weed is a gateway drug or any more harmful then legal and heavily taxed cigarettes and alcohol.

the state of California is in a hell of a debt, they raised our sales tax from 7.75 to 9.25%, my car registration was 70 bucks last year and this year it is 125 bucks, according to the current plan my car registration will double again next year. cigarettes went from 3.50 to 5 bucks OVERNIGHT. legalized and taxed Marijuana would inject MASSIVE amounts of money into the Treasury, stimulate the economy and push local ganja slingers out of business.

I'm not too far above the poverty line with a large family. I have to think money wise ALL THE TYME.

Personally I think they should legalize all drugs, the information is out there and common knowledge, and if you're not entirely knowing what the consequences are you read that pamphlet like you get with a prescription.

Let everyone pay taxes on the stuff, let crackheads get their crap legally and cheaper and smoke themselves to death, more people off social assistance.

There's too much hand-holding in the world, right down to "Do not use in the shower" labels on hair dryers. People want to be stupid and kill themselves, I say let em!

I understand you had a horrible experience, hell I had a horrible experience with an alcoholic father, but they aren't gonna make blue ribbon illegal anytime soon.

I don't agree with you that weed is a gateway drug or any more harmful then legal and heavily taxed cigarettes and alcohol.

the state of California is in a hell of a debt, they raised our sales tax from 7.75 to 9.25%, my car registration was 70 bucks last year and this year it is 125 bucks, according to the current plan my car registration will double again next year. cigarettes went from 3.50 to 5 bucks OVERNIGHT. legalized and taxed Marijuana would inject MASSIVE amounts of money into the Treasury, stimulate the economy and push local ganja slingers out of business.

I'm not too far above the poverty line with a large family. I have to think money wise ALL THE TYME.

I understand your need for financial stability. WE ALL NEED IT FOR SURE! I myself am living in a large household with two people who have disabilities but no assistance which we're fighting for as you read this. It's only a one income household and we are fighting tooth and nail to get help. I live in Florida so everywhere I look, I'm seeing anyone latino or african american get away with anything to get free money. I see the injustice all around but I don't agree that we should promote a drug that is harmful (if you do all research and put biased opinons aside) just for financial gain. My aunt lives in Cali, I'm fully aware of what's going on over there. It's horrible but it's not going to get better even if they legalize it. It's spreading all over the country. There's no stopping it. We're all riding it but in the meantime, I'm hearing "Legalize pot and prostitution!". Yeah..kill more brain cells, spread more STD's and increase abortion. Is that really worth having the small swell in our wallets and in return, have children be subject to that kind of world?

Just some extra info, the death rate in this country has increased while the birth rate is at an all time low. Would we really want these "stupid" people to kill us smarties off? We should seek more intelligent alternatives and not pollute the brains of the next generation that will eventually take care of us...maybe.

One more thing, I know a LOT of people that are examples of why pot isn't a great thing. Aside from my father, I have quite a few friends who became so chemically dependent on that stuff that they cannot even function through the day without it. They have to smoke a blunt before going to work or school. It's a constant pick-me-up for them like meth was for me. People like my friends totally want to legalize it and I understand why. They have a chemical imbalance. But instead of going to a doctor and getting the right medicinal needs, they take the easy way as I did. It was a gateway for me because my body is different. It hardly gave me any effects so I went to something that worked. My cousin and a few other people I know had done the same thing. Sometimes it works on people, some people just like to get high and some people legitimately have good side effects mentally but it should never be used for pleasure or dependency. Same goes with cigarettes. I'm a smoker and I think cigs should be illegal. It'll help me quit ahhaha

But I digress. Some things we have to agree to disagree on.

Edited by Hera

Legalize weed and you'll never see the economy fall down for as long as you live. Stop worrying about every stranger on this planet and what they are doing. There ain't one person on this planet that's has the power to dictate what I can eat or wear. Everyone needs to let everyone else be their ownselves.

This thread sucks.

All I've read is abunch of controlling bullshit advice. "Don't do it cuz I hate it and if you do I'll call you a poo head!" Shut up and let go of the leash dammit.

Who gives a fuk!? I fuking smoke cuz I fuking enjoy it. I don't give a fuk if anyone hates it. I don't plan on fuking quiting. I don't give a fuk if it's harmful. If you want to talk about harmful, then how about the stupidity I've read or seen that's become harmful for my intelligence. But nooooooo.

Let's all put a smile on our faces and wipe our asses on each other.

the human body does not develop a dependency on marijuana

at all

I mean, you can get the same affect from meditating for a while and even that isn't addictive.

marijuana addiction is purely psychological: most likely due to an oral fixation or pre-existing depression

Again guys, you can take what I said as controlling or in a know-it-all attitude. That was not my intent. Everything I stated was taken from research and personal experiences and to me, those are facts. As I said, agree to disagree. If you want to do dope and be proud of it, that's your perogative. Doesn't mean I have to support it. You can if you want. I don't judge people for smoking that crap but I can say if I think it's wrong. I think some people will have to get over that.

If you want to talk about harmful, then how about the stupidity I've read or seen that's become harmful for my intelligence.

Ohhhhh, so thats whats wrong with you!!! flock your view on handholding. Sure, let people make their own damn decisions... but i'll be damned if I don't tell someone my views, as you do.

Anyway, if crap was legal and taxed... I do think it would be great in many reguards. But why is pot illegal??? We can debate forever... all I know, is everything can be addictive, it's us that makes ourselves addicted to something. Cigs, Sex, Food, whatever... so flock-it.

If you wanna smoke... get to it. Just know those of us who wanna quit, lack the true willpower to do so. As most people do. Just... please... don't throw them out again... mail 'em to me!

Skythe has a point, but fuk you, I'm high and mighty, more then you.

Weirdy is right, stick a lollipop in your friends mouths and tell them it contains marijuana. Watch them still think they're high after eating it hole.

Hex I like your views a lot. But just shouting around that it shouldn't be done still has more faults (to our culture, not us as human beings) then us saying it should be. Besides, just like cig's and alchohol, those who are smart (or unable to get addicted) will simply stay away or do at events (like birthdays!).

Belth, dude man I wanna help you quit. You're a good person and deserve much more from yourself and others then you receive. But I honestly don't know what to say, other then I hope one day you'll be able to get up from bed and aim for something else other then the lighter and the cancer stick.

Ohhhhh, so thats whats wrong with you!!! flock your view on handholding. Sure, let people make their own damn decisions... but i'll be damned if I don't tell someone my views, as you do.

Stating and interferring are two different things.

You can go around state your opinion about anything in this world all you want but when you mentally or physically interfere with people's lives is a whole different story.

I don't think anyone understood what I previously wrote.