Who here smokes?

Lucandrake

If I could go back, I never would have picked one up. I hate them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, listen to Belthasar. If you haven't started, STAY AWAY! There's nothing cool about smoking, infact I freely admit I AM AN IDIOT with respect to smoking.

I hate it, they're nasty and I wish it was as simple as just saying "Screw it" (Anyone who say's it is, has their head up their ass btw)

I disagree, smoke up drake. they are good for you. and all the cool kids do it.

smoke em if ya got em.

no seriously, don't start. it sucks.

Don't start smoking, there's no real reason you should, they're nigh tasteless cancer sticks. I smoke, I'm trying to quit, can't. If you really want to, smoke weed, that at least gives you a bang for your buck and isn't nearly as dangerous.

Trust me, you don't want to be wheezing and coughing when you wake up mornings, and it will totally kill any and all athletic endeavors you might undertake. Stay away from cigs.

A friend of mine used to smoke hella lot and guess what he got (he's a year younger than me): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax . Granted he wasn't nearly as stout as I am and this crap happens more or less if you're predisposed to it, however I doubt you'd want tubes sticking out through your ribs outside your torso. And the worst part is, this crap can relapse at any given moment even if you do stop smoking altogether.

If you really want to, smoke weed, that at least gives you a bang for your buck and isn't nearly as dangerous.

Pssst, it's just as bad. No additive chemicals, but the tar levels are astronomical compared to tobacco, and despite what every pothead say's as a feel-good excuse, YES it does kill brain cells and make people "stupid".

Does that mean you shouldn't do it? Not saying that, just realize that no little excuse made up, or pretending proving facts don't exist doesn't make it any better.

If you really want to, smoke weed, that at least gives you a bang for your buck and isn't nearly as dangerous.

Pssst, it's just as bad. No additive chemicals, but the tar levels are astronomical compared to tobacco, and despite what every pothead say's as a feel-good excuse, YES it does kill brain cells and make people "stupid".

Does that mean you shouldn't do it? Not saying that, just realize that no little excuse made up, or pretending proving facts don't exist doesn't make it any better.

Well, I wouldn't really argue against that. I for one feel my stupidity levels increase every time I smoke. I also act like a retarded raving monkey under the influence. But at least. in my opinion, it's a lot more fun than just smoking. Combined with the fact that most people I know who smoke both, smoke a lot more cigs than weed, the difference alone in quantity is enough of an excuse for me to recommend it over cigs. You'll never really smoke 20 joints like you'd smoke twenty cigs or even 10 for that matter.

I found that over a 4 year period I've been smoking weed, the frequency or quantity didn't increase by much at all, I still get pretty stoned after having just one joint and even though I can smoke more if I want to in a sequence, the increase in effect is marginal and not really worth wasting more weed for at least 2 hours.

Also, I feel completely fine without smoking weed for any given period of time, whereas if I don't smoke cigs each day, I get really tense, fidgety and stressed out, and am much more likely to act like an asshole if I don't get my cig fix.

I'm toying with it because I see how it releases my father stress, not only his but other kids at the college. For them they have no issue smiling as long as the puff is right next to them.

Anyways, I'm not that interested in it anymore, I hate no being able to smell anything but the cig on my clothes anyways.

I'm toying with it because I see how it releases my father stress, not only his but other kids at the college. For them they have no issue smiling as long as the puff is right next to them.

Anyways, I'm not that interested in it anymore, I hate no being able to smell anything but the cig on my clothes anyways.

It's only relaxing, because NOT having one when your body is beating you up over it CAUSES stress. Or you THINK it relaxes you.

Bullshit, all bullshit reasons a smoker would give you to give themselves an excuse, I've used them myself.

NO NO NO!!! If you haven't started, don't!

I see the abuse of weed on a daily basis. Most people who smoke it just want to smoke it. On the other hand, I have seen MANY MANY people who are massively addicted to it. It was the cause of most abuse within my family. If weed wasn't in the house before groceries, you got a fist in the face. As long as the head honcho was stoned of his ass we had peace.

There are chemicals that can be harmful in marijuana. THC for example, is a very potent chemical compared to other psychoactive drugs. One miligram in your vein and it can produce some serious mental and psychological effects.

People don't really see it as a big deal. But when you notice how people use it as a crutch instead of facing their problems, it becomes a big deal. I hate the smell of it, when I tried smoking it, it made me puke and stupid. Everyone is different. Pot didn't do anything for me so I tried some harder stuff that could have killed me. Fortunatley, I got out of it but some people don't. Pot can lead to other drugs whether you believe that or not, that's your perogative but if it doesn't work for some people, they're going to assume other drugs are harmless and do them. And you know what happens when people go down that road.

So yes: Marijuana is a gateway drug, Marijuana effects the brain, Marijuana is just as dangerous as any other drug.

As for legalizing it, marijuana should be used to cancer patients only. It helps the chemo process easier.

if they legalized pot and taxed it like they do cigarettes... well then maybe I wouldn't have to pay 9.25% tax on everything else, and wait 4 months for my state tax return.