The MMA Thread

Good fight. I never doubted Lesnar for a minute but I felt Randy would take it. Obviously I was wrong. It seemed Brock was starting to gas a bit and Randy started to take over. Lesnar landed a punch that clipped behind the ear temple-ish area on Randy. Randy collapsed and Lesnar followed up forcing the ref to step in. Good fight.

I was very happy to see my boy Ken-flo earn a title shot again.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first and second rounds will be dangerous for Randy, but Brock will gas and that's when Randy can really go to work. Randy HAS TO stay away from Brock for the first round.

well it seemed to be going as I expected, dangerous at the beginning but Lesner would gas hard quick. No Doubt Lesner has power, I knew that when his first straight knocked Herring on his ass. We still have the problem of Lesner now has a belt he hasn't earned in hard fights, Other then Randy and Frank, He hasn't fought any top tier guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised people are not posting like crazy about Brock's victory. He is going to be a tough guy to beat when he learns the game.

6'3

huge reach

amazing wrestler

explosive

agile and quick

highly athletic

punching power

quick learner

We may end up seeing a showdown between him and Fedor?

I think everyone would love to see Fedor in UFC. I just don't know if it will happen. I'd like to see Tim Silvia or that russian dude he had those matches with come back to challenge Brock.

• 5 weeks later...

last night was a great night of fights.

I was surprised but happy Mir got the win over Nog, Frank looked great and he's turned my opinion of him around. Frank no owns the only stop over Nog.

Rampage got his revenge over two devastating losses to Silva. Rampage also looked great his new training camp is obviously working.

I was disappointed Forrest lost, I really do not like Rashad, I think his show boating is disrespectful.

I was rooting for Rashad, glad he won. He had to deal with a significant reach, height, and weight disparity.

I think all of the punishment Nog has taken over the years is catching up to him, much like Wand.

Page looked awesome, his boxing skills have improved greatly, while Silva still looks like the same fighter he was four years ago. Everytime I visulized that fight I imagined it exactly how it went down pretty much.

but don't you agree that Rashad's showboating is uncalled for, espacially now as the champ he needs to be a little more respectful and professional. If I were Forrest I would have hit him as hard as I could while he was tapping his d!ck. I'd love to see Anderson come up to 205 to smack around rashad.

I'm taking St-Pierre over Penn. Penn is one of the greatest, but so is St-Pierre, and it's his weight class. I'd like to see St-Pierre come up in weight and take on Anderson Silva. I think that would be the true pound for pound fight.

but don't you agree that Rashad's showboating is uncalled for, espacially now as the champ he needs to be a little more respectful and professional. If I were Forrest I would have hit him as hard as I could while he was tapping his d!ck. I'd love to see Anderson come up to 205 to smack around rashad.

I'm taking St-Pierre over Penn. Penn is one of the greatest, but so is St-Pierre, and it's his weight class. I'd like to see St-Pierre come up in weight and take on Anderson Silva. I think that would be the true pound for pound fight.

Well I mean a lot of the time I think fighters show boat or do weird stuff in the ring is because it makes them feel comfortable/confident. It relaxes them. I am not trying to make excuses for Rashad I just don't think it's THAT big of a deal. I've seen Forrest pound his chest in between rounds and scream and no one seemed to care.

Dana White said if Rush beats Penn he will fight Anderson Silva.

• 3 weeks later...

UFC 93 was a very disappointing night of fights, no excitement what so ever. hopefully affliction and ufc 94 can deliver later this month.

Yeah, not a great event. On paper though it looked pretty good. I am glad Shogun won but he looked awful in winning. He needs to work on his cardio for his fight with Liddell. They are both at the lowest points in there careers. I would have to say Chuck is in a worse spot though, losing three of his last four fights. Two of those losses coming by way of knockout.