The MMA Thread

I was very saddened about this news. I actually have the pleasure of exchanging a few messages with Tanner on myspace about life and what not. Can't believe he is gone...

Iceman: Well I have always felt he was a bit overrated to be honest, I also feel that Evans fought a picture perfect gameplan. Greg Jackson is a genius.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huston Alexander has been exposed! My MMA watching friends have been on the alexander bandwagon all along, saying the flash knockout was a bad call and whatnot, how he was unstoppable, the mike tyson of MMA... well Like Kimbo and brian stann, he has zero ground game. if you can't work on the ground you have no business in an MMA fight. period. these guys should be boxers.

yeah he needs to go in and train 100% wrestling and jitz, his boxing is there, but with no ground game and no takedown and jitz defense he has no business in the UFC. he looked completely lost on his back.

• 3 weeks later...

Kimbo Slice Vs. Seth Petruzelli

Kimbo lost in 14 seconds KTFO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I dunno, the fight just doesn't make sense to me. Brock has what 4 fights? and lost 1 to Mir. He doesn't deserve a title shot. I understand that Spike wants the belt off Couture and Brock is their version of Kimbo. Randy has nothing to gain from this fight, if he wins he keeps a belt he doesn't want, and sets himself up for another revenge booking by Dana.

I still put my money on Randy, Mir showed champion level experience can beat raw strength. I think the first and second rounds will be dangerous for Randy, but Brock will gas and that's when Randy can really go to work. Randy HAS TO stay away from Brock for the first round.