+++ CoinOPS 2nd Quarter +++

BritneysPAIRS

I just want to ask the people that are having troubles with CoinOPS 2nd quarter not booting if they understand this is a patch and NOT a full install. You dont delete your old version of CoinOPS. You install this on top of your old version. Maybe this could be a problem some of you are having.

Yes, I understand it's not a full install. I'm just replacing the contents of the UDATA/TDATA save folders and the rest of the contents of the 2nd Quarter folder (with the exception of the empty folders).

I'm going to reinstall CoinOPS and try again and start over from there. Maybe I missed something the first time I tried installing 2nd Quarter but I don't think I did.

Edited by Norkusa

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to ask the people that are having troubles with CoinOPS 2nd quarter not booting if they understand this is a patch and NOT a full install. You dont delete your old version of CoinOPS. You install this on top of your old version. Maybe this could be a problem some of you are having.

Yes, I understand it's not a full install. I'm just replacing the contents of the UDATA/TDATA save folders and the rest of the contents of the 2nd Quarter folder (with the exception of the empty folders).

I'm going to reinstall CoinOPS and try again and start over from there. Maybe I missed something the first time I tried installing 2nd Quarter but I don't think I did.

Browse to your Coinops install folder and check for a 'debug.log'. If it's there then it should tell you what is wrong/missing. Yes, I would run Coinops v1 at least once first, then patch, but that shouldn't be the problem.

Here's my debug log. Guess it has something to do with the 'media' folder. Should a reinstall of the original one from CoinOPS fix it? :

<ERR FontSet.h				[000043] CFontSet::Create				> Failed loading font Media/FranklinGothicMedium_14.xpr!
<ERR FontSet.h				[000043] CFontSet::Create				> Failed loading font Media/FranklinGothicMedium_14.xpr!

Edited by Norkusa

i have a few questions first is saving and loading automatic or can i manually save and load. next i was wondering if someone could post a link to the mame datfile that coinops is based on lastly

this is a cut file for fba-xxx

<shortcut>

<path>F:\Emulators\FBA-XXX_Pro_v1.28\default.xbe</path>

<label>Art of Fighting 2</label>

<thumb>E:\Wide_Icons\aof2.png</thumb>

<custom>

<game>aof2</game>

</custom>

</shortcut>

is coinops cut files the same format if its different could someone write out the format. i read that the xbmc dev ended support for cut files as of april 1st darn just when this ball got rollin to.

sure you deleted the old one (media folder) not overwrote it..... load the coinops one back on then over wirte it with the 2nd quarter one. Also if you deleted other folders you would lose cheats etc as they 2 are missing and some other stuff.... dont delete any of the coinops files before the patch :jawshocker:

Here's my debug log. Guess it has something to do with the 'media' folder. Should a reinstall of the original one from CoinOPS fix it? :

Exactly what I done last night. Transfer the fonts over from the 'media' folder of the original Coinops, not the patch, then it will boot fine. As BP said, make sure you are just overwriting the old Coinops with the patch, do not remove anything from the original Coinops. Then after all that you can apply the patch-fix :jawshocker:

sure you deleted the old one (media folder) not overwrote it..... load the coinops one back on then over wirte it with the 2nd quarter one. Also if you deleted other folders you would lose cheats etc as they 2 are missing and some other stuff.... dont delete any of the coinops files before the patch :hooray:

Yup, that was it. I guess I replaced the old CoinOPS Media folder with the one in 2nd Quarter because I saw that 'help.txt' file in there and must have thought it was some kind of config file. Put the old one in there and it works great now. :jawshocker:

BTW, thanks for the Toobin' control fix. Plays so much better now!

you want the samples and cheats as well if you removed the genral etc folders :jawshocker:. I would copy all folders except for Screenshots and Roms from coinops. Then overwrite with the patch and then with the fix for the patch. Then reput on the saves. Then scan for games if you added any. Then it will be 100perecent :hooray:

oh so thats why its rebooting to desktop when i launch cut files i was under the impression that cut files were implemented sry itshard to keep current on all the news

i made a folder caleed CoinOPS and put a cut file in it then i added it as a source

screenshot000.jpg

i was trying svc . if u implement shortcuts that would be super though it would be nice to finally be able to use this

umk3.png

als is coinops mame romset 84u3? i dont recall which it is i wanted to track it down so i could add some games

Edited by mtsaint