arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

Im sorry rx but id bet if you put it to a vote people would rather I do stuff and release it vs teaching you and letting you do your stuff its no offense but people should be more pissed as you really are getting in the way of progress and eating half the dev time I have

Vote A ) Let me develop Arcades in peace

Vote B ) slow develop and teach RX the basics of mame

new thread more on the actually subject tommorrow (wasning for anythone time wasting off the subject will result in warnings) anything about the actaully release is no worries

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I've figured out this much at this point. I'm not asking you to fix anything for me. I'm asking you to tell me which files are being effected. I believe at this point I've proven that I'm not an idiot and I can figure a lot out on my own. Throw me a bone here. Which file(s) do I have to edit to change options in the GUI. If I know which files, I can figure the rest out on my own.

If it would take 2 seconds for you to fix, it couldn't take you long to just tell me where to go to fix it.

EDIT: I don't see how you've wasted any time here today. I've figured it out all on my own up to this point and you haven't answered any one of my questions except to tell me when I've done something right.

Edited by ressurectionx

class files are unmatched plus need to be assigned to skin.ini skin H and Cpp and to cat H and CPP files

then skin.ini and cat.xml must match the calls

I don't know what class files are, but I'll figure that out. At least I have some names to go by.

I know what the skin.ini file is and where it's located.

I've found the skin.h and skin.cpp files and will check them out later.

But I can't find cat.h or cat.cpp.... a search for "cat" in the source only gives mcatadv.c and mcatadv.obj, which are the drivers for Magical Cat Adventures. The only xml file I find is romstatus.xml.

so I'm not sure what these "cat" files and the cat.xml file you speak of are.

well i voteA.not a tough one to call. :thumbsup1:

That's pretty selfish of you fumanchu. The scene will die in a year or two with the last batch of coders because they didn't hand any of their secrets down. If you're happy with unfinished projects like Surreal64 then I can't blame you for voting A. If you'd ever like to see more stuff getting done though, I would think it be in your best interest to see people who are actually getting some coding done learn the tricks. People who actually post about actually fixing problems they have with XBox and not people who whine about problems they have or only come around to say anything when a coder releases a new build.

BP hasn't spent any time helping me here. He knows it. He may have spent time here today, sure, but he hasn't helped me out. I've figured this all out for myself.

It would be nice to have some of the missing pieces filled in though. It's not as if I'm a bumbling retard n00b that can't figure stuff out. I've already exceeded BP's expectations.

Vote A.

To ressurectionx,

After reading some of your posts on this thread and the xbox-scene "Mameox128 - Working Romset Project" thread, you have got far more than you deserved (i.e the arcades source) even after insulting BP.

I'm sure alot of other people in BP's position would have replied in a much harsher manner than he did ...

selfish you say remember when i started this thread i clearly stated not to mention anything sourcecode related because it was detracting from the main goal of why the thread was started in the first place.but i left you to it,not exactly selfish.

also most coders left the scene coz a lot of them felt they had taken their projects as far as they could.

most of the secrets were handed down,freakdave,xport,hk$,+T+...... they all released their sourcecode.

surreaall64 works a lot better than most people think,but their wasnt going to be a version2.0 as the author felt he couldnt take it much further(freakdave).tell you what though he did a great job.

the scene will continue.

Who's going to continue it then?

Once BP's gone, that's pretty much it. I don't see you coding anything.

And also to you oldskool, if you notice, I share everything I find with people and I'm always there to help them when I can answer their questions, time and time again.

BP has stated many times when I ask him for help that he could fix it in 2 seconds, but he doesn't share that knowledge with anyone.

Edited by ressurectionx

i dont code,coz i have no interest in coding and thats me being honest but i have had an interest in emulators for the past 7 years.

take alook at emulation on the dreamcast,that machine came out 10 years ago and its still going.theres always someone new who comes along,yes the xbox scene has slowed down a bit but it aint dead.

britneyspairs,nes6052 and gogoackman are still around.

i wish i never told you about arcades over at xs now.

Edited by fumanchu

Well too bad. You did. And I would have figured it out anyways, if my determination here is any indication.

I've been into emus on the PC since about 10 years ago. Only now coding because there isn't anyone around who is going to make a MAME emu with everything it has to offer. There is no reason to exclude anything with the filter capabilities period. If I have to learn it by myself, I will then. It's a shame that somebody as knowledgeable as BP doesn't want to share what he knows.

The scene is almost dead and there will be no new people as they move on to their PS3s and XBox 360s.

Edited by ressurectionx