Friendship and Life

Ryuken

So i've been thinking. I don't have any good friends or what most people would call a" life" I would go home after school everyday and just download TV shows from Hong Kong, Japan(with sub) and American ones and after i'm done with them i do my homework then play games that's basically all I do everyday. I school i talk to people in class and lunch but after school i have nothing to do. I think i lack social skills since i never have topics that i can talk about with people, I'm just an overall not interesting person. And almost everyone one i know from school just wants to party on the weekend and get drunk/high/"have fun" and I'm not into any of those things. Sometimes i think i make up too many excuses on not having friends when i don't try to make any. so any suggestions on how to improve my social life? btw plz don't bash this since my self-esteem is already pretty low but don't worry, it's not low enough that i would kill myself so u can still poke fun if u want

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you need to tell us your age. Different age bracket has different advices. Of course, your environment will affect and shape you too so my advices might not worked since I am in Malaysia.

You need to tell:

- are you the only Asian kid around your area? how about in school?

- did you mix with other Asian kids?

- did you mix with other ethnic groups?

So i've been thinking. I don't have any good friends or what most people would call a" life" I would go home after school everyday and just download TV shows from Hong Kong, Japan(with sub) and American ones and after i'm done with them i do my homework then play games that's basically all I do everyday. I school i talk to people in class and lunch but after school i have nothing to do. I think i lack social skills since i never have topics that i can talk about with people, I'm just an overall not interesting person. And almost everyone one i know from school just wants to party on the weekend and get drunk/high/"have fun" and I'm not into any of those things. Sometimes i think i make up too many excuses on not having friends when i don't try to make any. so any suggestions on how to improve my social life? btw plz don't bash this since my self-esteem is already pretty low but don't worry, it's not low enough that i would kill myself so u can still poke fun if u want

Why you don't like to party? That's the main problem.

Not everyone like to party. i don't like to party either. I also like to play games and I don't have many friends. So, I kinda can relate to him. Still, not enough info to make a good advice.

Ethnicity shouldn't have anything to do with it.

My advice to you brother is to find some other hobbies. Practice a sport, learn to skate/snowboard, find something great to listen to. Get a more eye-catching clothing style. Oh and most of all, get some principles to guide your life. Like being a good person, helping those in need, listening to other people's problems. Try to make some good, long-lasting friendships with people. Be honest, smile always, look on the bright side of life. If you like an instrument, learn it and play it.

You say you're not into partying but I'm completely sure if you were to attend some on a regular basis you'd enjoy them a lot. There's plenty of people out there who would love to be your friends.

Oh and remember this especially. Only you can provide a reason for your life. Me, I have embraced Paladin teachings and I will live through the happiness of others, which inadvertently reflects on myself. I will accept no half-measures. I will take care of my loved ones and friends.

Not everyone like to party. i don't like to party either. I also like to play games and I don't have many friends. So, I kinda can relate to him. Still, not enough info to make a good advice.

Are you a very shy person? What's scaring you from going to night clubs?

Ryuken

My honest advice, casually get closer to one or some people at school, eventually work your way up to asking "hey man, what do you and the guys usually do when you guys hang out?" after he tells you, reply with this "I would not mind handing too man, just not into smoking or drinking or anything like that." Most likely no one will care and they will invite you to hang out.

I used to never drink or smoke anything in high school and I used to go to hang out with all types of people into all types of things all the time. Never was a problem.

I' m 17. not the only Asian kid around but the only not born in the US so i guess cultural differences have an effect on me. People asked me to go to parties before but i don't like going so they stop asking.

Anyway do u guys think friendship is important in life? And is it really needed to function properly? btw thx for the advises so far

I' m 17. not the only Asian kid around but the only not born in the US so i guess cultural differences have an effect on me. People asked me to go to parties before but i don't like going so they stop asking.

Anyway do u guys think friendship is important in life? And is it really needed to function properly? btw thx for the advises so far

Relationships of any kind in life are very important. Loneliness is not something you want to grow comfortable with.