The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

Was their any confirmation of some sort that said that this game would be ported to a console?

It's coming out for the PS3 and 360. Each version will most likely have there own special character unique to each console. It's not going to be released for the Wii though...

Unless Wii couldn't handle the requirement, I would say it is a dumb move not to release it on Wii since it is the best selling console in Japan.

Aside the console probably not being able to run it, the standard Wii controller doesn't have enough buttons for a fighter >.>, or a nice D-Pad >.>.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's coming out for the PS3 and 360. Each version will most likely have there own special character unique to each console. It's not going to be released for the Wii though...

Response:

Nope, all that Ono said is he would like to see it on all possible systems. PS3 is selling, it'll come to that, 360s are selling, it'll come to that, Wiis are selling, it'll come to that, DS`s are selling, it'll come to that, get the picture? Ultimately, it's Capcom's choice.

His other mentality is Arcade first, consoles second. He wants to get it right the first time, so maybe a 8-12 months before we see it on a console, so they can possibly release revisions/patches for the arcade version.

Unless Wii couldn't handle the requirement, I would say it is a dumb move not to release it on Wii since it is the best selling console in Japan.

The engine looks scalable, since the Wii is just above Xbox (not 360), given proper time, it can be released on Wii, since Taito Type X isn't really a heavy duty graphics processing machine like Sega's Linburgh. And as a nod to that, Type X runs on a ATi Radeon 9200+, and from guessing, since kit is confirmed to be $2000 USD (Game+Marquee+System), it's most likely being ran on at least a 9600-9800 type video card with maybe 256 to 512 MB of ram. Given that the Wii also runs on ATi type graphics chip, it would be easily portable, with just about the same amount or just as good graphic quality at 480p. Since Taito Type X is 720p natively.

How would the X360 or PS3 have any level of probability of it not being able to run this game?
360 would have an easier time porting because both use ATi type GPUs. Which greatly reduces the time of changing or removing the way the graphics work from one thing to another. Sega mentioned it was easier porting VF5 to PS3 because both use the same family of GPU.

Response:

Nope, all that Ono said is he would like to see it on all possible systems. PS3 is selling, it'll come to that, 360s are selling, it'll come to that, Wiis are selling, it'll come to that, DS`s are selling, it'll come to that, get the picture? Ultimately, it's Capcom's choice.

His other mentality is Arcade first, consoles second. He wants to get it right the first time, so maybe a 8-12 months before we see it on a console, so they can possibly release revisions/patches for the arcade version.

I was mainly joking/making a wild guess.

The engine looks scalable, since the Wii is just above Xbox (not 360), given proper time, it can be released on Wii, since Taito Type X isn't really a heavy duty graphics processing machine like Sega's Linburgh. And as a nod to that, Type X runs on a ATi Radeon 9200+, and from guessing, since kit is confirmed to be $2000 USD (Game+Marquee+System), it's most likely being ran on at least a 9600-9800 type video card with maybe 256 to 512 MB of ram. Given that the Wii also runs on ATi type graphics chip, it would be easily portable, with just about the same amount or just as good graphic quality at 480p. Since Taito Type X is 720p natively.

How would the X360 or PS3 have any level of probability of it not being able to run this game?
360 would have an easier time porting because both use ATi type GPUs. Which greatly reduces the time of changing or removing the way the graphics work from one thing to another. Sega mentioned it was easier porting VF5 to PS3 because both use the same family of GPU.

Why does it look better on the 360 when compared to the PS3 version?

Response:

I was mainly joking/making a wild guess.

cuz teh 360 pwns ps3 in da butt.

Release window: Late July in Japan

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6186201.html

Also why the 360 version of VF5 looks better; it was in development for longer, and the the 360 is easier to develop for. Who cares if it has a different brand of GPU... it still owns the PS3. In the butt, as it were :blink:.

Seriously ^ I don't know why. I think that's one for the PS3 camp to answer.

Notice, I didn't say "better" or "exactly" when I said that it was easier to port over. Both systems can output the same visuals, as shown by Call of Duty 4, but both handle graphical rendering VERY differently. As BK said, the 360 version has also been in development longer then the PS3 version as well.

Release window: Late July in Japan

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6186201.html

Also why the 360 version of VF5 looks better; it was in development for longer, and the the 360 is easier to develop for. Who cares if it has a different brand of GPU... it still owns the PS3. In the butt, as it were :blink:.

Seriously ^ I don't know why. I think that's one for the PS3 camp to answer.

Summer `08 = July. No memo?

Taito Type X supports the R520 range of ATiGPU, which is the range the Xbox 360 runs at. PS3 runs on NV47 series GPU and Sega runs on the generation before it. Hence = EASE!

Anyways, theres a beta test this week for SF4.

Notice, I didn't say "better" or "exactly" when I said that it was easier to port over. Both systems can output the same visuals, as shown by Call of Duty 4, but both handle graphical rendering VERY differently. As BK said, the 360 version has also been in development longer then the PS3 version as well.

Of course I notice that, I was just wondering why the 360 version looked better.

On the subject of graphics, how come I still have yet to be blown away by next gen graphics? I am not being bias but I honestly think VF5 is one of if not the best looking next gen game out there right now. I remember talking with BK on XBL about this and we were only able to come up with like 2 maybe three other games that look as good or maybe better.

Let's get something straight here, The Taito Type X AND the X+ DO NOT support R520. R520 started with the advent of the x1000 series. The Type X and X+ only support up to X800XT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R520

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=677

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=678

Type X makes full use of anything in the R420 lineup. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R420