fps too much!

fumanchu

call of duty 4,unreal 3,halo 3............

do you think there is too much fps out there just now?

i sometimes feel there is a lack of originality and the same old is being released time after time.

sequal after sequal keeps getting churned out, do you guys feel that the games industry has stagnated.i know there are some original games out there but not enough for my likeing! :)

the wii seems to be the console of choice for a bit of something different.

what do you guys and gals think?

Edited by fumanchu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes. I think America likes FPS' too much because that's all they develop. It's like every development house wants to make the next Halo franchise. I'm glad westerners are creating some serious games but too many are fps.

I think it has to do with their obsession with shooting firearms.

Edited by veristic

There is something of a saturation of FPS games out recently, but there aren't all that many.

I do have a problem with clone after clone of whatever the first WW2 shooter was coming out, but there have been some cool ones like STALKER in the last year or so.

I usually point out UT as not being from the generic shooter mold but given UT3...

It may seem like the same thing over and over again, but there are some innovative ideas being brought out there for the FPS genre (Stalker's open world for one). Plus, you can always take a break from them if you get tired of them. Not to mention there's like 7 genres out there besides fps. If you seriously can't find something to peak your interest, I would recommend not playing games for a while :P