Buy or burn?

someboddy

How do you get your games?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to buy ALL my games. I've got a collection of like 300+ retail PC CD games.

Now, I'm sick of spending so much money, so I buy games that I will play multiplayer with, and any games I won't/single player I will download.

I've paid my dues when it comes to PC gaming, and I can't afford EVERY game that comes out. And I shouldn't be deprived of playing all these games. :D

I still do buy the occasional game even after downloading it and finding it to be a worthy single player experience.

Or games I just know I really want. Like Metal Gear Soild 2 for PC, I bought it.

i download games for a test run. :lol: if they suck, i dont buy 'em. if they are good enough, i do. i'll have to admit, though, i have very high standards. :lol::D

i download games for a test run. :lol:  if they suck, i dont buy 'em. if they are good enough, i do. i'll have to admit, though, i have very high standards. :lol:  :D

People say that's what demo's are for.

I say demo's don't give you enough gameplay to judge a game.

Most demo's give you THE best mission/level in the game to try out, and when you do buy the game, you end up extremely disappointed.

If game demo's were like applications with 30 day expiry, I think more people would buy games rather than download them.

Personally.........I'm sick of "shovelware" titles, that great preview movies are shown on TV etc, and the game turns out to be a piece of crap.

I agree with ME! on this one, I usually will download the demo or something to check if the game is worth buying. If it is, I'll usually have it by the end of the week. Then again, if you already have the game downloaded, why buy it unless multiplayer?

Then again, if you already have the game downloaded, why buy it unless multiplayer?

its more a matter of keeping the game company alive. for making a good enough game, they should, in turn, be rewarded. unless, the price of the game is ridiculously high. then, it makes more sense to either, not buy it at all, or just wait till the price goes down. :D

For me, I usually just download most of my games. I only buy the games I really going to spend time on (Starcraft, Half life 1 and 2)

I figure why buy a game if you're just gonna play through it once :D

Otherwise, my friends can just take from me :lol: