The ESA removes 1Emulation YouTube Video

Alpha

Today, I received an e-mail by the YouTube team that our R4DS review video was removed for "copyright infringement" by the the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). First of all, I don't see what copyright we were infringing upon. All the video showed was one of our staff members opening the R4DS box and placing a microSD inside of the flashcard. We didn't play any games in the video, nor did we play any illegal music.

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The Entertainment Software Association Members claiming that this material is infringing:

Inside the R4DS Flashcard Package: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLI69kI-Aw0

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.

Sincerely,

YouTube, Inc.

For those of you unaware, The ESA's old name was the IDSA. They use to take down all the illegal commercial rom sites. However, I don't understand why they are telling YouTube to remove videos about the R4DS flashcard? They are probably against flashcards and mod-chips, but how is this in their jurisdiction? And most of all, and once again, how is it copyright infringement?

Here's the link to their website: http://www.theesa.com/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't infrigment at all. Also, are they removing every R4DS video on YT?

It doesn't seem like it. I have yet to find any other R4DS videos removed by them.

Also, as a result of these actions, and as a precaution, we have removed all other R4DS review videos we had which showed the operating system in action.

I fail to see the problem... Could someone have reported you on purpose maybe?

Unless someone claimed to be The ESA.... however, I'd find that difficult to imagine as I am sure YouTube can see the scammers vs. official statements. At least I hope so. ;)

No flock that, Send the counter notice. This is CRAP, Even if you have to remake the video demonstrating some homebrew being run. (which in a way eliminates the assumption your using it to pirate games)

Don't let these flocks push you around, especially in a situation like this where they have nothing to go to court over