Games You're Looking Forward To

Ok guys what have you all been waiting for this year, and what are you still waiting for? Let's see your lists!

There might have been a similar topic a while back, but this is uptodate and is about ALL of them, not just a few :huh: Don't hold back~

Already Released

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (PC)

DJ Max Portable 2 (PSP)

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.2 (PS2)

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (PSP)

God of War II (PS2)

The King of Fighters NESTS Saga (PS2)

The King of Fighters 2006 (PS2)

Metal Slug Anthology (PSP)

Monster World: Complete Collection (PS2)

Myst Online: Uru Live (PC)

Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary (PSP)

To be released in 2007

Castlevania Chronicles 2: Dracula X Chronicle (PSP)

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition (PSP)

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)

Guilty Gear XX ^Core (PS2)

House of the Dead 4 (360)

Odin Sphere (PS2)

The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2)

The King of Fighters XI (PS2)

The King of Fighters XII (ARC)

The King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation:A (ARC)

Samurai Spirits Sen (ARC)

Silent Hill Origins (PSP)

SoulCalibur III (PSP)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD:Remix (360)

Unreal Tournament III (PC)

Wipeout Pulse (PSP)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Tag Force 2 (PSP)

Who knows?

Command & Conquer 3 Expansion (PC)

Diablo III (PC)

Final Fantasy VI Anniversary Edition (PC)

Golden Axe: Complete Collection (PS2)

Prey Expansion (PC)

Quake IV Expansion (PC)

Street Fighter III Compendium (PS2)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already out

God of War 2 (PS2)

Lumines Plus (PS2)

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)

Okami (PS2)

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

To be Released

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)

Shadow Hearts: From the New World (PS2)

Valkyrie Profile 2 -Silmeria- (PS2)

Who knows?

Odin Sphere (PS2)

Soul Cradle (PS2)

Atelier Iris: Grand Fantasm (PS2)

Ar Tonelico (PS2)

What's out, but I haven't got:

Stalker

Sin Episodes

Games into the far (fantasy?) future:

Diablo 3

Starcraft II

Dragon Keeper, I may be wrong but the Quake IV expansion was cancelled, and what was already made for this release was issued as a mega big whopping official patch. I may be wrong, so check out the official Id or Raven sites. It's a shame, because I thought Q4 was awesome.

Games into the far (fantasy?) future:

Diablo 3

Starcraft II

Dragon Keeper, I may be wrong but the Quake IV expansion was cancelled, and what was already made for this release was issued as a mega big whopping official patch. I may be wrong, so check out the official Id or Raven sites. It's a shame, because I thought Q4 was awesome.

You're probably right- I've been out of the loop of that game for ages now.. I was just thinking the other day that it was overdue an expansion, but hadn't heard anything more about it.

As for Diablo III or Starcraft II, what bet either one of them is the mystery Blizzard announcement at the Korean invitational later this month? I would be particularly pissed off it the 'unannounced project' were something else, especially something Warcraft related, and out of the 2 I'd definitely kill for a new Diablo title (hopefull one that's not an MMO). Still, Starcraft was a great game, and really, it would be a scandal of monumentous proportions to see either of those sequels fail, considering the time and money their originals no doubt demanded. I think it has only been this long because Blizzard has been sh.t scared of doing them wrong.

Anyway thats me rambling for ya- suffice to say that D3 and SC2 may not be as incredible predictions for 2007 as some might think.

Well recent Blizz advert postings for positions include someone who can work with and code within a networked infastructure. We might see a possible new MMO (possibly Diablo related, in which would fit the MMO world quite nicely) or RTS (Everyone is gearing towards SC2), but personally, I want to see Diablo 3.

I would love both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, but if one were going to happen, it would be Starcraft 2. I might just have a horrible memory, but I think it's older, which makes it more likely to begin with. Also, WoW fills up the online RPG slot pretty nicely, even if it doesn't do it as well as Diablo could. Furthermore, I believe the people in charge of Diablo II left Blizzard and are working on a new MMO, but I forgot the name.

Not Yet Released

- Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)

- Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

- Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle (DS)

- GTA IV (PS3)

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

- DS Air (DS)

- Halo 2 (PC)

- Exteel (PC)

- Spore (PC)

- Monster Hunter: Freedom (PSP)

Who Knows?

- Golden Sun 3 (GBA/DS)

- Katamari 3 (PS2/ PS3)

I would love both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, but if one were going to happen, it would be Starcraft 2. I might just have a horrible memory, but I think it's older, which makes it more likely to begin with. Also, WoW fills up the online RPG slot pretty nicely, even if it doesn't do it as well as Diablo could. Furthermore, I believe the people in charge of Diablo II left Blizzard and are working on a new MMO, but I forgot the name.

The RPG that the old Diablo team is working on is Hellgate London. However, I'm not sure whether that game will be a worthy successor to Diablo- the atmosphere is completely different at least.

Also, yes Starcraft is older than Diablo II, and so would seem more needing of a sequel. However, since Starcraft is a competitive RTS, Blizzard is going to be in for a lot of trouble both balancing an, at least, 4-sided game, and also in terms of living upto the expectation of topping what people think is the best RTS of all time.

With Diablo, all they need are good production values and a sh.tload of conent to make the fans happy. True, it doesn't help that they already have an MMO on the market, but I would prefer Diablo III to NOT be in that mold anyway. That doesn't at all help its prospects, but Blizzard has commissioned a new trilogy of books in the Diablo franchise. They attend a lot of the existing plotlines and characters in more depth, including Izual, Inarius and of course the Prime Evils. However, it does go into detail about the Worldstone, and the implications of it being destroyed, as it was at the end of D2: LoD. In fact, without spoiling a great deal, it sets the stage perfectly for D3, and gives an enormous context to the mythos of the last games, even suggesting there is a larger agenda behind the banishment of the 3 to the mortal realm back during the Sin War. I'm so desperate for a new Diablo that I actually read them :huh: Don't shoot me. Anyway the point is that they'd only resurrect that franchise, if only in print, if it were for a specific reason. D3 rumours have been flying for years now, but since Ghost, Starcraft has been awfully silent.