favorite "old" games

Bo0

EDIT: I probably tried a hundred times to run Duke Nukem 3D on my 486DX2, but it just couldn't handle it. I believe the requirements for that game was a 60mhz system? And a 486DX2 is already max'ed out to 50mhz. I did play the game though on a later Pentium 2.

I still have a 486 in my spare room here and it is a 66mhz

The only game I ran on it was DX ball 2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and its sequel; I loved chain sawing those four Commander Keens in that secret level! :P They were alright on a 486SX

A good FREEWARE RPG for the PC that ran only on DOS was Betrayal at Krondor. The game was released for free as free publicity for its sequel. I would post the link here but it's very easy to find! :(

Edited by garyoak99

arcade: ms.pac-man, bubble bobble, mk1-3, ki1, simpsons, and both tmnt games

2600: combat, asteroids, adventure, warlords, berzerk, pitfall, keystone kapers, cops and robbers, maze craze and human cannonball for the hell of it :(

colecovision: frontline, frogger, smurfs, donkey kong, omega race, q-bert, venture, pepper 2, and ladybug.

nes: super mario bros 1-3, contra, super c, mega man, metal gear, bionic commando, castlevania, elevator action, duck hunt, gyromite, rad racer, topgun, battletoads, rc pro-am, tmnt 2 and 3, metroid, mike tyson's punchout, and ice climber.

sms: rocky, outrun, zillion, fantasy zone, and shinobi

genesis: sonic 1-3, golden axe 1-3, streets of rage 1-3, contra hard corps, gunstar heros, vectorman, x-men 1 and 2, earthworm jim, aladin, toejam and earl, and both mutant league games.

segacd: final fight, sewer shark, night trap, lethal enforcers 1 and 2, enternal champions, slipheed, and panic.

snes: super mario allstar+world, super metroid, super punchout, chrono trigger, contra 3, tmnt 4, top gear, donkey kong country 1-3, lion king, zombies ate my neighbors, street fighter 2 turbo, and super smash tv.

n64: goldeneye64, super smash bros., and both rush games

dc: soul calibur, marvel vs capcom 1 and 2, sonic adv. 1 and 2, and all shooters out for it as they rock on dc :P

thats it for now, heh

for c64, my first comp i loved Druid. Played it till break of dawn. Jumpmann Junior is the best jump and run, but unplayable without a decent joystick.

Then i got a Mega Drive. Best game here is Road Rash 2 and Toejam and Earl.

Got an Amiga later. Cant remember actually what i played besides Kick off, but "It came from the desert" and "nuclear war" are some i remember.

On PC one of my fav games is Resident Evil.

I left Monkey Island and the like unnoted.

Metal Gear Solid - GBC :(

Ninja Boy - SNES

Stunt Race FX - SNES

Duck Hunt - NES

Megaman Legends - PS1 (Does that count as old? :P )

And every Pokemon up to Gold/Silver. Not that Ruby or Leaf Green crap.

Edited by Mooney