MAMEdOX Platium THREAD

BritneysPAIRS

ive locked it +T+ but I can give a version with rom selection but there are so many errors in the standard MAMEdox this is why I locked the roms and fixed all the stuff up so you can play it without all the errors. Its allways been wierd why so many want all the roms and dont notice all the errors. Anyway this version wont be much diff from MAMEDox 1.1 apart from a slightly redone interface but if you really want it PM me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAMEdOX Platium has a safe guard where it won't load without the save installed..

@+ T +

you cant' add new roms in this version because there's no refresh buttons for roms.

hmm...I think you can refresh the rom list even if there's no refresh button. Just delete the MAME(d)oX save(exclude the MAMEoX.ini file) after you add roms to it.

if people want ill release a patch allowing rom adding and deleting and people can live with the errors and not being intergrated into sorting correctly.... its up to you guys.

I dont mind if you guys want control if so let me know ill rebuild tommorrow and leave it up to you guys......if not I can sort it all properly but it will be locked sort of....there is easy ways to force it to reload roms, but that could be disabled. I dont understand if you want rom selection use HK$ build its a full interface.

Anyway if you want more roms features let me know, if you want control of your roms let me know and ill release it. It would be easier for me to let you guys do what you want than for me to added remp the keys, change the caviate etc

Let me know guys I cant read minds the people that requested roms would you rather you can just add delete your own roms?, alot that havent tried dont understand why I stripped stuff etc but the proof to me is in using and no complaints to how it works and no real bugs found which is great.

Let me know guys I cant read minds the people that requested roms would you rather you can just add delete your own roms?, alot that havent tried dont understand why I stripped stuff etc but the proof to me is in using and no complaints to how it works and no real bugs found which is great.

I love the interface, the favourites feature, the fact that all the games are working and the fact that there aren't 999 clones of the same game... :)

So either if you add a few games or implement an user controlled ROM add/delete feature is fine for me, thanks.

Btw. OSMAN/Cannon Dancer is working in PC MAME but not in the XBOX ports, would it be possible to have it fixed?

they dont work.........black screen for me sorry

time is running out for decent decisions...id like to sort anything out but really there hasnt been much constructive feedback to work with, ive look at all the roms said previously 80percent seem fine to add. but im thinking i might just give you rom adding and you guys can add non / bad working roms or they may need a dat update or keys are all wrong. But you will have control and these decisions will be yours.

Pretty please if you want me to work on this I need a few more thoughts and exactly if you want more roms or your own rom adding.

Peace

Hey, Britneyspairs. Take the lack of feedback as what it implies. There's little to add to such an impressive package! ;)

I'd like to insist in how the addition of a command.dat or equivalent would rock. But it should be accessible with 1 single step, and stick to the previous selected character (i.e., if I'm with Street Fighter II playing with Ryu, and last time I checked the moves list I asked for Ryu's, next time I check the list, Ryu's moves is the first thing that should appear, so that I do not have to dig through menus if I check them several times during the same match). I do not know if this is possible at all, but you were asking for wish lists! ^_-

As for additional roms, Windjammers, of course! :unsure: Wether you add it or not, *I* do not have the least desire of getting to administer ROMs. Which is not to say that having the feature there if someone really wants it would hurt me in any way.

I've been looking for the name of a horizontal pool game I used to play like 15 years ago, featuring some manga-like chicks, but either it remains unemulated, or I cannot come up with how it looked like exactly.

As for other features I do not really need and probably no one cares about? Er… um… don't know. History.dat? It's nice to have that trivia, while admittedly totally unnecessary.

Edited by pedrito

Using command.dat in game will cost too much memory.

That's why MAMEoX128 Plus! have history.dat and mameinfo.dat file supported in the interface.

And it's not as easy as adding history.dat and mameinfo.dat file support to add command.dat support.

If you want to do it, I recommend to use FBA's command files, which should cost less memory and be easier to support.

Edited by HK$

ok features will be to make easier rom selection ive just done a new skin for it. And listing the roms with a link to pick and info like that one would help me out heaps. Ive added 5 odd roms so far but really would like more or for someone to compile a list for me to look at of whats been recommended. Sorry I dont have to much time to do stuff...but it doesnt take much time just really need for people to say what they need added and for you guys to agree then ill add them. As ive added my known top games and the ones mentioned ive never really seen. (was looking for 2 people to recommend same game although ill look at all recommendation). So please compile an easy list of recommended stuff someone and ill look and write it soon. There not to much mentioned really so patch wont be that much of a patch ;)

Peace again