Nintendo Revolution ready for mass production!?

Alpha

nintendorevolutionfront38om.jpg

According to Playfuls, the Nintendo Revolution has gone gold. From the article: "According to gamemag.ru, who is citing Inside Gamer, it seems that Nintendo Revolution’s configuration is complete and the device is ready for mass production... Since the release date for the Revolution is in May, that gives the Japanese manufacturers 5 months in order to manufacture enough consoles."

A May Japanese launch has yet to be revealed by the Big N. Furthermore, it is rumored that the Revolution will be manufactured in China not Japan, and the console doesn't even have an official name. While possible, strike this one up as highly unlikely.

Damn, that was mighty fast. If I were Nintendo, I'd continue to take more time in developing the console instead of trying to make a million of them for it's initial release. Maybe Nintendo is rushing the ball again? And the Nintendo Revolution is not even the official name? :P

Gamecube was done right, it just didn't have support.

Revolution I hope just sticks to the code name and I prefer the find out the name of it just as it's released. To Nintendo, the system is practically done seeing how both the Video and CPU chips are practically done, they just need to start testing it's services now.

Gamecube was done right, it just didn't have support.

that's because they screwed up with the system before it.

The stunt Sega pulled with the 32X and then the Saturn also didn't help the Dreamcast, even the latter two were both good systems.

Do tell what was the error? What was screwed up about it? No support for the system is the screw up? What? huh? 32X = garbage. Saturn = good!

Do tell what was the error? What was screwed up about it? No support for the system is the screw up? What? huh? 32X = garbage. Saturn = good!

Meh... the Saturn launched with little advertising, had a $400 price tag which wasn't worth it, was difficult to program for so all the early games looked like sh!t (yeah, I had one), and was following the utter failures of the 32X and Sega CD. The Saturn had few gems in it's library by the end, but it had horrible start and was thus doomed when the PSX hit.

Edited by Thraxen