someone on myspace killed himself

Mag

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_...864b3b9682dcb19

Teenager Posts Suicide Note on Myspace.com

New America Media, News Feature/Commentary, Milan Gagnon, Dec 01, 2005

Editor's Note: Suicide notes are usually written to intimates. In the case of one young man who just killed himself in Orange County, Calif., the suicide note was posted on a popular social networking Web site. PNS contributor Milan Gagnon reports as one of millions of people who followed the suicide online. Gagnon is a writer based in Prague.

MySpace red

Czech Republic--At 8:14 a.m. on Nov. 29, Joshua Anson Ballard posted his final bulletin on the Internet social-networking site MySpace.com. Ballard, who took the online identity "you BROKE my LIFE," followed his subject line, "do me a favore [sic]....", with a body that read:

"call the police.

Address... Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.

tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.

im soo sorry<3"

About 15 minutes later, according to the Orange County coroner's office, Josh, 17, killed himself with a gunshot to the head. Within minutes, MySpace, which promotes social interaction among young people and is popular with teenagers, was alight with messages about the suicide. Here in Prague, I saw a note about Josh on MySpace and checked it out.

By 10 p.m. the night of his death, Josh was being eulogized.

He killed himself over a girl "and other things," writes Flower King Of Flies on MySpace, who says the death was preventable. "This could of ben stoped," he says via a Myspace comment page that has become Josh's memorial. "All the people that knew didnt do crap. i had a good time with u in ceramics. f--- all your friends that did nothing."

more: link above ^

According to his words, Josh loved "girls who cry"; was married; was 8 feet, 11 inches tall and made $250,000 a year or more. Josh was a smartass. He posted self-portraits that featured him at his emo-kid best: shaggy hair, pouting lips, intentionally blank expression. He posted an ad for a clothing company called Emo Police that featured a man hanging from the P.

Emo, a 20-year-old sub-genre of punk rock, didn't kill Josh, even if emo songs are mostly un-ironic paeans to self-pity. Kids kill themselves whether they listen to country or classical. The death-trip soundtrack can easily be Snoop Dogg or Slayer; on Josh's page, it's Senses Fail.

I LOLed at that ^ but more importantly wtf lol

but in any case, I sorta laugh even though I do feel bad for him (really I do), aside from that.. this is the reason why I dislike Myspace so much, and any other similar blog community sites (xanga, livejournal, etc). I rather express socially in forums than some blog community.

opinions?

oh and here's his profile on myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...03F262681520328

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaa it turns out it was fake (someone got into his account?) well he dies as a emo kid but more importantly.. he was a stupid emo kid.. just wish all emo kids would just die