China and MMORPG

Diso

The government in Beijing is reported to be introducing the controls to deter people from playing for longer than three consecutive hours.

The measures are designed to combat addiction to online role-playing games such as World of Warcraft and Lineage II.

More than 20 million Chinese play games regularly, mainly in net cafes.

Read more Here

Wow. They're really taking these MMORPGS seriously over there. Even taking it to extreme measures as murdering.

I'll admit, i'm pretty hooked on World of Warcraft, but I'm sure as hell not on the path to murdering someone over it. That's about along the same lines as murdering someone over a pair of Nikes.

Why can't people just control their addictions? Soemtime's I am glad that I am too poor to play MMORPGs. :(

Time to go into World of Warcraft Annymous!

Edited by oshisama

yep people are dieing in china and korea because there to damn stupid to log off and get some water.

or stab soemone over a fictional sword! crazy people.

i know the addiction, my friend plays WoW from the time he comes from work to the time he goes to sleep. it's pretty terrible.

i've only played the free korean mmorpgs, and the star wars one when fileplanet was givign away 11 day free trial activation keys. i'm mroe of an fps man myself. :P

I like how the second comment down declares it a blatent civil rights violation. I figured the discussion of this article would already figure the fact that China is a nation of goose steppers as a given.

Even then, I think there would be greater examples of Chinese totalitarianism to war against then the denial of MMORPGs. Like a crowd of protesters being turned into paste.

I am a gamer and I think this new time limit is a great idea. Some of the games nowadays are highly time consuming, and may cause several problems like strained social relationships or lack of sleep. It may seem as an infringement upon personal freedom, but in my opinion it would help more than harm.

Devon, Las Vegas, USA

Look at this dork. There shouldn't be ANY infringement on freedom, regardless of its effect. Ever.

Quit trying to find the bright side of things. Unless that's the side that's obvious, the answer to the question is no.

MMORPG are boring to me and it sucks ur money and time up.

MMogs may be an acquired taste, but most people find them very fun. What is it you don't like about them?

Edited by OverlordMondo