Microsoft Requires Windows Piracy Checks

Alpha

errr.....I belive they did something like this months ago

only they did it by forcing windows xp service pack 2 on everybody who used the internet

Winodws Update sure didn't forcibly install SP2 on my machine the last time I updated a few security patches... which was yesterday.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only they did it by forcing windows xp service pack 2 on everybody who used the internet

Winodws Update sure didn't forcibly install SP2 on my machine the last time I updated a few security patches... which was yesterday.

oh my bad then, I heard that in the spring. I guess it was a rumor, but I have a legit windows and I already had sp2 for a long time anyway

Edited by Weirdy

oh my bad then, I heard that in the spring. I guess it was a rumor, but I have a legit windows and I already had sp2 for a long time anyway

Eh, I've heard the exact same rumor. I was quite surprised to find that it WU didn't install SP2 automatically, rather, it asked me about it.

well i thought i'd try the windows update and sure enough it d/l that genuine crap and scanned my cd key and said it was invalid heh.

i do own the home edtion but i perfer professional version and thats the backup i have of it.

i think i can live without the updates untill the next windows comes out

• 2 weeks later...

Silly Microsoft.......you can circumvent this without even requiring more than what they force you to install! The frickin plugin!

Here's what you do.....

1. Open IE

2. Click on Tools

3. Click on the Manage Add-ons button.

4. Select Windows Genuine Advantage (You may need to change the drop-down box to show ALL plugins)

5. Click Disable

6. Done, now you can do Windows updates again.

Silly Microsoft.......you can circumvent this without even requiring more than what they force you to install! The frickin plugin!

Here's what you do.....

1. Open IE

2. Click on Tools

3. Click on the Manage Add-ons button.

4. Select Windows Genuine Advantage (You may need to change the drop-down box to show ALL plugins)

5. Click Disable <---- sounds way too easy, and it is

6. Done, now you can do Windows updates again.

Hahaha! I know there was one where right before you press Download all you had to put was some Javascript in the address bar and it would work.