Driving

Yesterday, My brother wanted me to drive the car around in the neighborhood. Since it was my first time, I didn't know what the heck I was doing. (Yes I think I rolled over someones lawn cause I overturned). The accelerator and the brakes are sensitive in my car and its kinda annoying. I got used to it after a while but turning is still a pain. Me turning is like the car going straight and doing a 85 Degree turn instead of a steady 15 Degree turn.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always found driving to be easy. But then again I started practicing when I was 14 on my sister's car. I was more worried that I'd pull some Carmaggedon crap. :P But I flunked my first license test because I went 45 in a 35 zone. I didn't even see the sign...

What kind of car are you learning on, Diso?

I learned on my manual, rear-wheel drive sports car ('91 miata), then my family insisted I take the test in our automatic, hugemongous station wagon (early 90's camry) because it would be "easier." Long story short, take the test in whatever you learned in, if you can. :P

My family says I should learn a manual now and once I get my car it would be a walk in the park when using an automatic.

Edit: I was under the influence of sugar when I wrote this. I fixed it o.o

Edited by K`dash

Yesterday, My brother wanted me to drive the car around in the neighborhood. Since it was my first time, I didn't know what the heck I was doing. (Yes I think I rolled over someones lawn cause I overturned). The accelerator and the brakes are sensitive in my car and its kinda annoying. I got used to it after a while but turning is still a pain. Me turning is like the car going straight and doing a 85 Degree turn instead of a steady 15 Degree turn.

Don't have my license yet...but I still drive on occassion for practice. Took me about 30 minutes to get used to it. I guess credit goes to the hand and eye cordination skills I got from video games.

My family says I should learn a manual now and once I get my car it would be a walk in the park when using an automatic.

Edit: I was under the influence of sugar when I wrote this. I fixed it o.o

Your family is right, but it does take just a little bit of orientation when you make the switch for the first time. It's unnerving when the instructor is breathing down your neck and your instinct says "shift!," only there's no clutch. :P

Once you pass the test though, knowing how to drive stick is cool because it's fun (you feel more in tune with the car, at least I do) and sometimes it's handy, but you can always use an automatic too (for long trips or, ugh, traffic-heavy commuting).

If I can do it in Gt2/3/4/and various other video games, I can do with a car :P

No really!

What kind of car are you learning on, Diso?

I learned on my manual, rear-wheel drive sports car ('91 miata), then my family insisted I take the test in our automatic, hugemongous station wagon (early 90's camry) because it would be "easier."  Long story short, take the test in whatever you learned in, if you can.  :P

Im using a Ford Highlander. My parents don't me using the Expedition nor the camry 2005