imported psp ?

Mag

I have a better chance of getting my hands on an imported psp (jap) than the america psp. Any difference or regrets I about to face ? (with the exception of sony critism). I just like this psp be the same as the american release, surely no issues whatsoever with the hardware. I'm thinking right now the only thing bothers me is probabbly the language.

suggestions please :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better chance of getting my hands on an imported psp (jap) than the america psp. Any difference or regrets I about to face ? (with the exception of sony critism). I just like this psp be the same as the american release, surely no issues whatsoever with the hardware. I'm thinking right now the only thing bothers me is probabbly the language.

suggestions please <_<

If the UMD can be played in any PSP, I wiould just take Japanese version but with US softwares :D It will be cheaper.

I hate playing Japanese games, since I dun know what the flock they are talking about!

The hell, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a PSP in the states. Besides I wouldn't recommend you importing because if anything happens to it (dead pixels, sticky buttons) then you have to go back to japan to exchange it.

yeah the warrenty is an issue, umd movies are region encoded but the games are not. so if you wanna get the umd movies you'll have to import those as well. from what I understand the language can be set to english so no problem there.

last I looked on Ebay there were still american PSPs to be had for retail price.

really it just depends on if the warrenty and umd movies are important to you. but if you import you have the crazy shipping costs.

I'd check with some retailers in your area first. there have been alot of reports of stock in walmarts, bestbuys, ect.

Edited by garageink

You can't watch region 1 movies ? wtf.. you gotta explain more about it.

Also.. I'm doing a little trade offer, someone own it already here in the city, just trying to make sure if the psp shares the exact similiarities with the american psp.

Movies are set to different regions. The North American region is 1, Japan is 2, Europe is 3, NZ is 4 Austrailia is 5, various ships and airplanes are 8 (yes, there is a skip).

Movies are set to different regions. The North American region is 1, Japan is 2, Europe is 3, NZ is 4 Austrailia is 5, various ships and airplanes are 8 (yes, there is a skip).

I know about regions ;)' just like to know why they didn't had that during the production, man.. sony is being an arse like with the ps2.

The hell, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a PSP in the states. Besides I wouldn't recommend you importing because if anything happens to it (dead pixels, sticky buttons) then you have to go back to japan to exchange it.

I just bought a PSP today.

The PSP is so popular that the stores are constantly getting shipments, the PSP is hardly unavailable