Happy St. Patriks day

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

io'm wearing green so i was safe from the pinches but as for me instead of pinching ppl who didn't wear green i would punch them and kick them in the shin :P i actualy only didi it to 1 person

In my country, its just another day. Some people of irish heritage probably got themselves drunk. Nothing about wearing green or pinching.

here in the u.s, beer companies like to take advantage of ethnic holidays (2 atm)

mainly during St.Patrick's day and May 5 (Cinco de Mayo)

Edited by Weirdanzeige

I'm probably less than 1/8 irish, so it's not too big of a day to me, but i'll probably have a beer soon just to keep in the *tradition*, lol. Thank goodness there is no pinching at my work. I don't think guys working in a steel shop going around pinching each other all day would lead to someone getting hit in the head with an I-beam. :P

Even though I'm irish, I think that St. Patricks day has kinda gotten away from irish heritage and has just become a day to get a drunk as possible (not that i mind), but I wish that today had more to do with Irish heritage

Another drawback to St. Patrick's day, is the day after

:(

:P

:naughty:

Edited by Bob Jahovic

I was supposed to go to a Flogging Molly concert downtown tonight. They're an irish "punk" band that kicks some seriously eclectic ass. (http://www.floggingmolly.com/)

Unfortunately, I got sick as flock on tuesday night, and am still recovering, so no show for me. I'm cool with it though, as it's a block party show and, from the news reports, it's like one big idealized frat party in green down there. I've seen the band at better venues than a drunken college-kid filled street.

On a side note, in one of those news reports, a drunk guy flipped a bird right in the anchorman's face, and got his hand smacked down pretty damn hard for it. All on camera too as they were segueing back to the news desk. The anchorwoman at the desk was visibly trying to hold back a laugh.

dropkick murphy's pwn flogging molly.

anyways yeah this is kinda a lame holiday even though I got a chunk of irish in me. outgrew the green thing and worked most of the night so no partys or green beer for me.