New FBA-XXX Pro

+ T +

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem is that Manto (BDiamond) doesn't want anything to do with FBA builds that violate the 3-year-rule. I believe this is the reason he chose not to release the sourcecode to his build and I respect that.

But in addition to the tengai/s1945 fix, I'd also be interested to know what the exactly the 'M68000 Emulation' option does in his build. It has two options; Fast and Accurate, and when set to Fast it really gives a big performance boost. At first I thought it was just enabling the SPEEDHACKS in the code as I did to fix the performance issues s1945p. But when I enable all the SPEEDHACKS I get alot of sound break-up in CPS2 games for some reason, so I guess that's not it.

IQ, you know the FBA code well, do you have any idea what this Fast/Accurate switch might be?

I think the problem is that Manto (BDiamond) doesn't want anything to do with FBA builds that violate the 3-year-rule. I believe this is the reason he chose not to release the sourcecode to his build and I respect that.

But in addition to the tengai/s1945 fix, I'd also be interested to know what the exactly the 'M68000 Emulation' option does in his build. It has two options; Fast and Accurate, and when set to Fast it really gives a big performance boost. At first I thought it was just enabling the SPEEDHACKS in the code as I did to fix the performance issues s1945p. But when I enable all the SPEEDHACKS I get alot of sound break-up in CPS2 games for some reason, so I guess that's not it.

IQ, you know the FBA code well, do you have any idea what this Fast/Accurate switch might be?

it is just asm68 - c68k from mame, this option is already in fbaxxx, the boost come from somewhere else.

it is just asm68 - c68k from mame, this option is already in fbaxxx, the boost come from somewhere else.

Thanks for the info Gogo. Perhaps it's down to Manto's improved memory handling then.

Which core was FBA-XXX using before the option was added?

Edited by + T +

I think I know the problem with kof2k2pls. It's the same issue as with samsh5bl and the new svcboot C descrambling code.

All these routines use the NeoSpriteROM variable. And while this works fine in FBA PC, the Xbox version does not use this at all and I haven't been able to figure out what it should be replaced with. If I could solve this problem then my to-do list would be alot shorter. :P

Nonetheless I will take a look at this one and see what I can figure out. If the worst comes to the worst I can always get kof2k2pls working by temporarily using kof2002d's C ROMs instead of the bootleg ones.