Name this game

Chaotica

Okay, I remember playing this game many years ago in an arcade, when I was a kid. (I am now 23). I can't remember the exact date, but it was around the time when Street Fighter II - Championship Edition was out in the arcades, or maybe when Street Fighter II - Hyper Fighting was out in the arcades.

Anyway, it was a blatant SF clone, and looked alot like SF. I can't remember all that much, but I remember some things. I remember one character was a ninja, dressed in ninja clothes, and one of his special moves was to throw a ninja star. His outfit may have been blue, or purple.

Another character was a kind of bird man. He had green skin, and like a beak on his face. He looked kind of dorky. (He may have been a reptillian man, not sure).

The third was a samurai, in ancient samurai armour, and helmet. He had red glowing eyes that shone from the dark slit of the helmet. He carried a sword, which may have been jagged. He was easily the coolest looking character. I distinctly remember his fierce punch was a stab with his sword - you would actually see the sword penetrate your opponent in the animation.

The game had 3 punches, and three kicks, like SF. It was a best of three rounds bout. Large characters and pretty backgrounds, perhaps with parallax scrolling, like SF. There was an announcer, but I'm not sure he said, "Round One, Fight!" He said something like, "It's Showtime!" at the start of each round.

That's all I can remeber. I've searched a few game databases on the net, including KLOV, but I can't find it. I would love to play it again, for nostalgia's sake, and because I love SF and SF clones. If you guys can help me out, I would really appreciate it. <_<

When I first saw the topic, I had a feeling it was going to be Variable Geo. Then I read the description. Tis not!

Is there other fighting game when SF2 came out?

Can't remember :shootem:

actually there were too many since it was the start of the fighting game craze. though almost 90 percent of em turned out to be retarded..like Fighters History. games like SF, and Fatal Fury stayed longer than most of the other ones...obviously