XBOX 2 will be quite powerful...

Gryph

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually , the guys that are making the great games, are going to die, because of money, I mean, think about it, if capcom makes a awsome 2d or even partial 3d fighting game, and bungie or microsoft comes out with a awsome EYE CANDY video game, capcom is getting hit, badly, because they wasted alot of money and got nothing in return, eventually dieing!

don't blame ms or sony for any money lost by capcom or any other company for that matter, they are big boys and know a game like cfj or isn't going to make much, as 2d fighters are a niche market. besides capcom has many game franchises that make boatloads of money, a new 2d fighter is a gift to us 2d fighting fans, not a money making venture and they know it.

Edited by garageink

isnt this bout the xbox2 y u guys talkin bout business and $$$.....i mean it doesnt matter to me just wondering

threads around here usually flow from one topic to the next. especially in a topic like this where there isn't any new news to report. it's either this, or fanboys professing thier love/hate for microsoft.

Another Xbox 2 Patent?

Today, we bring you a new patent application that was filed in July, 2004 and published last week, in which Microsoft is patenting a “system, method, and data storage medium for sharing data between video games”

This basically means that what Microsoft is trying to address with this new invention is a way to share data between different games within a franchise. So, when playing a game’s sequel you could be asked to play a previous title in the series in order to unlock hidden items such as levels, weapons or characters.

But the invention is not just intended to go backwards, playing old games in a franchise. The patent also covers the possible scenario in which a first game will use the info of a second game in a series.

Edited by Xx1LLMAT1CxX

that should have been in videogames years ago.. i never understood the idea of u beat a game then u buy the sequal and its like u gota start all over again to get ur powers and such.... why not just start off were u ended and give u more instead of getting the same crap again just in a different way,