9/11 vs. Tsunami 04

Mag

The people, among the media has made a big fuss about the 9/11 attack (about 5000 died) compare to the Tsunami that just occured recently (more than 140,000+ died), just because those 140,000 victims isn't americans doesn't mean we wouldn't care as much.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? About 3000 people died at WTC I think. I think the media is doing quite a bit coverage of the tsunami and I remember hearing some journalists say "there is a parallel to the sorrow seen here and 9/11" multiple times. Hell, American citizens have donated somewhere around $200 million so that shows they care.

The people, among the media has made a big fuss about the 9/11 attack (about 5000 died) compare to the Tsunami that just occured recently (more than 140,000+ died), just because those 140,000 victims isn't americans doesn't mean we wouldn't care as much.

Every Dutch channel was raising money on television today, and supporting found raising events. I believe those actions have already paid off, literaly.

Well since some are saying which one they feel is worse, I'll chime in too. I think this tsunami is worse since it has done much more damage both physically and emotionally. Many of the people hit had little or nothing besides their families and that was taken away too. Also, about a 1/3 of the victims (or so I read sometime last week) were children so that's terrible.

Also, worldwide tsunami relief has reached $3 billion which is awesome.