RARE

Mag

the most sucessful company stumple upon n64, the maker of Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Conker's Bad Fur day, and more.

Why just Why are they gone :( EA is trying too hard and no, they will never replace them or match up to their quality of game development.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what r u talking about??? u don't know much about game companies so plz explain,, i think ur talking about a company call rare that' closing down becuz of EA ?? but what's sad about that, i mean if that company made good games then ppl would buy and they would have money, it's not EA's fault

read my post carefully, I'm discussing the retrospective of RARE, and where do you get that idea of EA closing down RARE ? I'm saying companies like EA failed to give the fans what they want from the old installments that were addicted on N64 such as Goldeneye.

they maybe alive, but they aren't on nintendo side, and they don't seem to be interested in working for the sucessful titles, they could of been the ones in charge of Mario Kart: double dash, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, etc. But no.. they try to bring CFD, the last finished RARE title on N64 and it was truly a big dropout in marketing.

The first time that RARE caught my eyes was when the SNES was launched... Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country. They've always had an eye for good graphics and excellent gameplay, so it's no wonder why every other major publisher is after them.

Yeah it seemed like nintendo started complaining about them around the starting of this generation of consoles. I remeber there being an article about how rare wasnt bringing enough income for nintendo to keep them. Anyways i think the moving to the xbox was a good move... i think the problem is rare is catching up. They didnt seem to be caught up with this generation of graphics and stuff. But conker is out this spring and is on xbox live. I played the demo... it looks great and is still funny.

Still waiting on news about Perfect Dark 0... i guess we may see it on xbox2. Id love them to bring back Killer Instincts as well :(.

conker.jpg

Edited by Bluestinger X

yeah the brilliant minds at Nintendo sold Rare, dunno remember the company, i remember back then i couldn´t believe it, it was when n64 was the best machine around, Rare started waay before n64 with games such as Donkey Kong Country series which could never be imitated by the competition even when they tried