What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Natural Selection

Great Half-life mod that depicts aliens and humans fighting against each other. In a hybrid RTS/FPS environment. You can command troops and fight the aliens yourself. You can also become an alien and get resources for to help your team build up your base. Teamwork and strategy is key in this game and having those two will lead your side to victory. It's got lots of bugs but aside from that it's free.

That is certainly a mod that takes time to get into. I remember I hated it the first time I tried it but then a couple of months later I tried it again and loved it.

I haven't played it in a loooong time...long before Steam and crap.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Natural Selection

Great Half-life mod that depicts aliens and humans fighting against each other. In a hybrid RTS/FPS environment. You can command troops and fight the aliens yourself. You can also become an alien and get resources for to help your team build up your base. Teamwork and strategy is key in this game and having those two will lead your side to victory. It's got lots of bugs but aside from that it's free.

That is certainly a mod that takes time to get into. I remember I hated it the first time I tried it but then a couple of months later I tried it again and loved it.

Neither have I. Pre-steam it was pretty good, then I got into Savage, same type of gameplay RTS-FPS Hybrid, but the RTS mode handled more like WC3 (Which I was also playing at the time). It was also one of those games where it was freeware/shareware. Full access only cost 15 dollars, a one time fee and then downloading the rest of the content and CDKEY, or you can buy it at the store for roulght 29.99 dollars USD.

Imma still playin Super Mario RPG, Damn Mallow is leet.

Natural Selection

Neither have I. Pre-steam it was pretty good, then I got into Savage, same type of gameplay RTS-FPS Hybrid, but the RTS mode handled more like WC3 (Which I was also playing at the time). It was also one of those games where it was freeware/shareware. Full access only cost 15 dollars, a one time fee and then downloading the rest of the content and CDKEY, or you can buy it at the store for roulght 29.99 dollars USD.

Imma still playin Super Mario RPG, Damn Mallow is leet.

Natural Selection before steam was at it's best IMO. There was no such thing as "classic ns." Sure the teams were ubalanced but that's what made it so fun because it was a challenge. Now today they added a new combat mode where it's like deathmatch but with no commander and stat-building so you can get better weapons. It's only necessary if only a small number of people are playing. There's still the classic ns mode but most of the newbies are only playing combat mode.

I found the stealth not too bad in Deus Ex...it didn't work 100% of the time, but it worked most of the time.

And I think stealth in FPS is great, if done well. Thief II is easily the best example. Thief II is one of my favourite games - I enjoyed it so much. (I love iD FPS, but apart from classics such as Doom and Quake, I think Looking Glass' Thief II is my favourite FPS. I even liked it better than System Shock II and Halflife, for some reason.)

Done shoddily, stealth in FPS can suck. Apparently, Soldier of Fortune II has stealth...but you could have fooled me. I could never get it to work. I played that game for 2 days, then eventually realised it was crap and got rid of it. That game was such a disappointment.

So yeah, I think stealth in games rocks most of the time, even in FPS.

The last game I played was Severance: Blade of Darkness. I never realised how cool this game is - the action is wicked.

Edited by Chaotica