What did you play most recently?

Gryph

The Bard's Tale didn't look too hot on the NES when it was released, and it doesn't look any better now.

Your right though, that game is too old school even for me. Then again, I've never gotten into those dungeon crawler games.

It wasn't all that terrible really. In fact, I was expecting a very archaic simplicity and was pleasantly surprised by its relative complexity. The only thing that killed it for me was the repetetive nature of combat in the dungeons. It just took too long to kill piddly crap enemies, and you ran into them a little too often. Granted, I wasn't using my bard's abilities as well as I should have been.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played anything in almost a week. I am hoping to find some time this weekend to try out Constantine maybe go see it too

Sin

What an underrated game. Sure the bugs were annoying but it was a solid shooter back then.

I agree. I played it a little back in the day and it wasn't as bad as everyone said. I thought the ATM/Terminal thing was pretty cool, and was there before Deus-Ex's if I remember correctly.

Yeah, even that kind of interactivity is unrivaled in just shooters (FPRPGs don't count) today.

Natural Selection

Great Half-life mod that depicts aliens and humans fighting against each other. In a hybrid RTS/FPS environment. You can command troops and fight the aliens yourself. You can also become an alien and get resources for to help your team build up your base. Teamwork and strategy is key in this game and having those two will lead your side to victory. It's got lots of bugs but aside from that it's free.