hippest anime right now

Ryuken

The little kid anime imported by big companies (like pokemon, yugioh, etc) is total crap. As far as kids cartoons go, the american stuff is, as a whole, a lot better. But there is a lot of good anime that is targetted at an older audience, and that fills a niche western animation hasn't even really tried (IE, animated entertainment with as much depth as the best PG13 or R rated movies).

Judging the entire genre of japanese animation based on the after-school shows is like judging the whole of American entertainment based on Nickelodeon (http://www.nick.com/), or the whole of American Literature on R.L. Stine.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't matter i only posted thie topic to c if how u guys would react, and i'm not getting the the respondes i want. i was hoping some1 would be like " anime sux...." all that crap and start a flame war

it doesn't matter i only posted thie topic to c if  how u guys would react, and i'm not getting the the respondes i want. i was hoping some1 would be like " anime  sux...." all that crap and start a flame war

Isn't it usually good ettiquite to search before you post incase it's already been covered at length, in multiple threads, including just about anything with the word "anime" in the topic title? :nuke:

GryphonKlaw  Posted Today, 08:08 PM

anime sux...everyone who likes anime beats off to yaoi

Hey, you removed the 'amoral mod' from your avatar... better put it back after that :nuke:

Seriously, i have no time for tv/anything right now. Working, studying, consumes me, but i just think 'new car, new car' and it's all worth it.

what about Samurai Champloo?

one of my fav lately... to bad they wont have any new episodes till january :nuke:.. anyways bleach is pretty good also.. i guess. I still havent seen naruto and probably never will.... i dont watch adult swim either.. do they dub there animes? if they do then dear god ill avoid it wiith a passion. Ill just stick to my fansubs.

hip anime? that's an oxymoron.

anime is nerdcore. and it always will be in the western world.