The Hacker Of 1Emulation Is Now Revealed.

On March 14th and approximately March 22th, both servers for 1Emulation.Com's site were hacked. One of the server lost over 30 sites including ours and luckily I had a backup from Saturday, March 20th. We finally found the hacker and backtraced him all the way to his home address and his own emulation site which he has. These are most likely the same hackers who hacked kofchile.cl and a lot of other emulation sites! He has already been reported to his ISP and will be reported to criminal authorities.

Here is the entire story and ALL information.....

http://1emulation.com/hackerinfo/index.html

****PASS THE LINK ON TO OTHER EMULATION SITES YOU GO TO!****

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, to a hacking illiterate (ie in plain English), WHAT did he do exactly?

...and what an idiot to have done this to (and with) 1emulation when he's already posted his name on this message board!

Edited by random guy

Okay, to a hacking illiterate (ie in plain English), WHAT did he do exactly?

He completely defaced the GemCom site for 1Emulation and the rest of our partner sites and is suspected to have hacked our main server which took down another 30 sites including ours.

He is also suspected to be hacker of Kofchile.cl who defaced their site as well, however it has not been confirmed yet.

Man, that sucks. I use to browse that site occassionally and never encountered any viruses. Right now, the website is down. It was also down the other day when I tried checking 1Emulation. What would be worse is if it wasn't even the Neo Arcadia X admin. Meaning, if that person was being duped too.

Man, that sucks.  I use to browse that site occassionally and never encountered any viruses.  Right now, the website is down.  It was also down the other day when I tried checking 1Emulation.  What would be worse is if it wasn't even the Neo Arcadia X admin.  Meaning, if that person was being duped too.

We talked about that in another emulation forum, the odd's of it is EXTREMELY slim...

From http://arcadeathome.com/forums/...

Dark Reaper wrote:

Did you say Neo X? I know who he is. His site never gave me a virus as I go there everyday so I don't know what were you doing. I don't think he could've done this as he keeps updating his own page. Maybe someone hijacked his computer and the person that hijacked Neo X hacked 1emu.

And Miskie answers...

Miskie wrote:

not likely.. The way comcast handles user authentication is based on a hash containing modem MAC address and NIC card mac address. Someone would have had to literally hijack his home system to do it, using something like Subseven. I would think he is smart enough to have some sort of rudimentary viruschecker and/or firewall.. The bit about him using his Comcast webspace to go on about Radix64 isnt a good sign. Radix64 is often used to encode Email-based tracking cookies and other nasty ActiveX type things.. As for the virus bit, I cant confirm nor deny that. I never visited any one of his sites.

The only way to say that he didn't (I personally don't feel this way, unless someone hacked his personal site), is that the hacker spoofed his IP address or spoofed the MAC addresses. Both are technically possible, but unlikely unless the hacker some how got the information for both of those (MAC addresses) or did an exploit that was one way only (or had a packet sniffer on his IP address). That'd be pretty difficult unless they knew him or they hacked Comcast. There may be other ways to find the MAC addresses, but like I said earlier, I doubt anyone else did it.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

yep, it would be very, very difficult to pull off. and, again, the odds are he is smart enough to be running some decent antivirus/antitrojan software and/or some sort of firewall.

Especially since he is showcasing Radix64 on his free webspace from Comcast, I think he knows what can be done to an unprotected system..

I have a question, when the hacked took place, are there any threads go missing, because I posted a thread named "Need help on internet" and is gone, maybe deleted by admins or mods, or maybe hacked?

I have a question, when the hacked took place, are there any threads go missing, because I posted a thread named "Need help on internet" and is gone, maybe deleted by admins or mods, or maybe hacked?

If you read the site.. :P

I restored this entire site by a backup from Saturday March 20th. If you posted something after before the site came back up, it was deleted. There is nothing we can unfortunattely do. All thanks to the hacker. :)