Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Online Gaming Forum?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we add a Online Gaming forum?

Should we add a Online Gaming forum?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Click to view battle stats
I've noticed that we got a lot of online stuff for everyone that's not on this site.
Our own Emu-Network of Direct Connect Hubs which people share files and etc. We have a Kaillera Server and now even a Counter Strike Server. The idea was initially presented by ShibaTheDog and it seems like we need it in some ways.

The problem is, will it become in use? Will you as a user on this forum use it? Please vote yes or no for a Online Gaming Forum. Also this may replace the PinBall forum because of the overload of forums we have here.

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts
We probably really don't need it. The kaillera server is doing fine and its fine with its own forums

The cs server was just meant to test out a server I may use for other purposes. If people want it, I'll keep it up :-D

If you want one, change the pinball or the kaillera one or something like that :-D

ForceX

ForceX

--={1Emu Legend}=--

• Ultra Members
  • 1,451 posts
I agree with Disoblige....Its a great idea but I don't think many people would use it...anyways IMHO there are two many forums already and they pretty much over all of the bases..........

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
I don't think their needs to be another forum. I mean, you can replace the Pinball one and nothing will really change. But I've only been here since January so I can't really say much.

Xeon

Xeon

In love with his own ego.

• Premium Members
  • 622 posts
i just think the forum frontpage is kind of long now. it takes me 7 page downs from top on 800x600 desktop just to see the lower end part.

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
What sort of things would be discussed in this new forum?

What I mean is, will there be anything that isn't already covered in the Kaillera and emunetwork forums?

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
i was thinking things like Xbox Live and PC Gaming online in general, and PS2 gaming online

i have a cool method of going on Xbox Live with Dialup and having very rare lag to post too :$$$: (im dead serious!!! I use it when im at home all the time :) )

floopy

floopy

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Debauchery, buggery, skullduggery, ruminating, calculating, exacerbating, and a little bit of everything in-between.
I think you should get rid of the rom request forum. Just keep the links. If you look in that forum, all you see is a bunch of people with a couple posts who request a rom, then never post again. 99% of the requests could be found by looking in the pinned links. Just my 2 cents.

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
Yeah, but don't forget that 90% of the links that get posted on that forum (or anywhere on this board, for that matter) become dead links within a week!
No, that forum is needed, I would say.

Elvis

Elvis

Hub Owner | OP

• Members+
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Emulation
    Biking
    Weight Lifting
    Movies
Replace the pinball forum.
What are you nuts!!!!

The pinball forum has nothing to do with this.

Wish we had some pinmame/virtual pinmame guru help me out.
anythinggoesemulation.no-ip.info

It looks great and I want to get into it. Need a hand though.

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
Don't need it. Topics about online gaming should be in their respective systems forum.

As for the Pinball forum, I posted a guide etc.........I can't help it if almost all the users on this forum are Neo Geo basket cases. Most of even the console forums are filled with posts about arcade fighting game ports, should change this from 1Emulation.com to 1Arcadefightingemulation.com, I mean cmon what's the ONLY games that get pinned in Current Affairs as "News"? Neo Geo fighting games, nothing else, and there are just as large of followings for other genres, series and hardware, if not larger. *shrugs*
Delete the Pinball forums if you want, but that kills a part of the diversity on these forums. (Even if it hasn't seen much use) If all that was left was Arcade.......I'd leave. (Not a threat, just making a point.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users