The Half-Life 2 News and Rumors Thread

Gryph

Those guys got the same version (the release candidate) that was sent to Vivendi. I think this may be a keeper issue, I shall buy this one. Since it's being reviewed now, I hope it won't be too long till it's released. Vivendi better not be "holding it hostage."

Anyway, here's a picture of the cover.

hl2pcgamer_1096328892.gif

This should be hitting the stores in a week. Muahahaha!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this so I'll just include it here. The different packages of Half-Life 2 have been officially been announced by Mr. Gabe "gaben" Newell.

Retail Boxes

Standard Edition — Includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).

Collector's Edition — Includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.

Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.

Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

And Counter Strike: Source will officially be released soon, sometime next week perhaps.

I really want the G-Man box art but I'll probably get the Collector's Edition since that comes with Half-Life: Source. I don't care about the T-shirt especially since it's XL and I'm just a medium. But what's all this horseshit about Source Silver and Gold packages getting Day of Defeat: Source, is that not going to be released to the rest of the people that buy Half-Life 2!?

But that Steam Gold Package is just so badass...so badass. If I had a DVD burner and the patience to download all that stuff, I would definitely do it.