Gryph

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the semi-evil double post. :lol:

What's the accurate release date btw?

It had to be done. ;)

But there is no release date yet...the Valve-Vivendi thing is going on now. But that doesn't extend to Counter-Strike:Source so that will be released next week.

Didn't PCG review one of the release candidates?

PC Gamer UK has and they gave it 96%. PC Gamer US should be coming soon too.

This is a semi-evil double post but I don't give a flock.

New speculation on the release date and this time from a Vivendi insider. Vivendi would be very stupid to not use the Christmas rush as a great time to release the game. It makes sense from a business standpoint. Delaying it past that would be suicide.

The long, drawn-out Half-Life 2 release date saga appears to be drawing to a close at long last, with Vivendi-Universal Games' expected to formally announce a November 26th release date for Europe, with US gamers getting the game three days earlier on November 23rd.

Valve delivered a release candidate to VU on September 15th, and although an official 'Gold' announcement has still yet to emerge, Eurogamer understands that VU informed its UK retail partners this week of the expected release dates, having previously been fearful of not being able to release the game until early next year.

But that release date sucks for me SINCE IT'S A WEEK BEFORE flockING FINALS!

EDIT: And I'm also changing the name of this topic to "The Half-Life 2 News and Rumor Thread."

Review scores are coming in.

PC Zone - 97%

PC Gamer (UK) - 96%

PC Format - 96%

PC Gameplay - 90%

This game is going to own.

With scores like that, no doubt about it. It may be worth the preorder, but I've never preordered anything in my life.

PC Zone - 97%

PC Gamer (UK) - 96%

PC Format - 96%

PC Gameplay - 90%

With scores like that, no doubt about it. It may be worth the preorder, but I've never preordered anything in my life.

Neither have I...I feel dirty preordering things. But I did put my name (fake name) and phone number at the closest Gamespot so they'll call me when they get it.

PC Zone - 97%

PC Gamer (UK) - 96%

PC Format - 96%

PC Gameplay - 90%

Neither have I...I feel dirty preordering things. But I did put my name (fake name) and phone number at the closest Gamespot so they'll call me when they get it.

The main reason why I don't preorder games or any other stuff is because my mom gets 10-15% discounts from the biggest stores here. So in short, I usually buy my games when I'm shopping with her (unless I'm looking for used games.)