Evolution vs. Creation

OverlordMondo

Science is a process of learning, it keeps changing. No one knows everything  which is why there are so many hypothesis and so many experiments done. How do you learn new things without exploring new ideas?

Also, theories are rarely proven wrong so I don't know where you got that from.

yea so how reliable is science? if it keeps on changing? the Bible doesnt change,,, I believe the first 5 books were wriiten by Moses and it never changed.. though the scholars translated the Bible into many different languages..the meaning behind the Bible never changed.

and for the theory..maybe i heard that wrong so I wont say more about that..but science gets disproven. no?..

That's exactly the point of science. It doesn't just keeps changing as you say. A theory is considered valid if it is proven right with the current knowledge. To prove it wrong, one needs to have valid arguments against it. That's exactly why it is reliable: a theory proven wrong is left behind, and a theory isn't considered true if there are no proofs.

That's not like believing blindly in something written long ago with no proofs to back it... My family is also christian. But why would I believe something only because a priest says so, and because it is written in a book?

Now, please explain me something: why are there so many religions? If what is said in the Bible, why would there be the Coran? And why wouldn't jews become christians as well?

Believing in something just because it is written is very easy. Trying to back what one says with proof is much harder. Most people just follow the easy way... (Actually, that goes for science as well. Most people will believe something if a scientist says it and he has the agreement of the scientific community. Except with science, you can look for his evidences and try to prove him wrong.)

About evolution or creation, I think it's evolution. And here is why I think creation was invented: humans tend to be ethocentric and want to believe they are special. "Oh, we are so intelligent, we just can't have a common ancestor with mices and bacterias."

and although it is a hypothesis the idea that the world was flat was a postulate (more firm than a hypothesis) thats why so many people believed it given that it was WAY back when in the past

but still..

and then there were alchemists that thought they could turn any element into Gold

which cant be done and then there are people today still arguing over what the atom actually looks like so... science is always changing even the fundementals of science is all theories everything that sciecce is, Is based on a huge assumption.

Edited by Jjangthekid

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Science is a process of learning, it keeps changing. No one knows everything  which is why there are so many hypothesis and so many experiments done. How do you learn new things without exploring new ideas?

Also, theories are rarely proven wrong so I don't know where you got that from.

yea so how reliable is science? if it keeps on changing? the Bible doesnt change,,, I believe the first 5 books were wriiten by Moses and it never changed.. though the scholars translated the Bible into many different languages..the meaning behind the Bible never changed.

and for the theory..maybe i heard that wrong so I wont say more about that..but science gets disproven. no?..

That's exactly the point of science. It doesn't just keeps changing as you say. A theory is considered valid if it is proven right with the current knowledge. To prove it wrong, one needs to have valid arguments against it. That's exactly why it is reliable: a theory proven wrong is left behind, and a theory isn't considered true if there are no proofs.

That's not like believing blindly in something written long ago with no proofs to back it... My family is also christian. But why would I believe something only because a priest says so, and because it is written in a book?

Now, please explain me something: why are there so many religions? If what is said in the Bible, why would there be the Coran? And why wouldn't jews become christians as well?

Believing in something just because it is written is very easy. Trying to back what one says with proof is much harder. Most people just follow the easy way... (Actually, that goes for science as well. Most people will believe something if a scientist says it and he has the agreement of the scientific community. Except with science, you can look for his evidences and try to prove him wrong.)

About evolution or creation, I think it's evolution. And here is why I think creation was invented: humans tend to be ethocentric and want to believe they are special. "Oh, we are so intelligent, we just can't have a common ancestor with mices and bacterias."

and although it is a hypothesis the idea that the world was flat was a postulate (more firm than a hypothesis) thats why so many people believed it given that it was WAY back when in the past

but still..

and then there were alchemists that thought they could turn any element into Gold

which cant be done and then there are people today still arguing over what the atom actually looks like so... science is always changing even the fundementals of science is all theories everything that sciecce is, Is based on a huge assumption.

Before we knew the earth was round, people believed in a flat earth. This is true.

So could it not also be true that before we knew about evolution, people believed in creationism?

About evolution or creation, I think it's evolution. And here is why I think creation was invented: humans tend to be ethocentric and want to believe they are special. "Oh, we are so intelligent, we just can't have a common ancestor with mices and bacterias

and about having so many different religions,, its the same as why there are so many ideas in science. each people see soemthing and try to understand it by mkaing up reasons. information wise, there isnt nearly as much evidence of truth as there is for christianity PLUS.... almost all other religions (except for muslims and jews) base their belief off of what someone thought.

also about believing..Christians beileve IN Jesus Christ/God because we have witnesses and testimonies from other people that God is real.. unless your a Christian that has felt God's presence and not some kid who went to church unwillingly shouldn't be saying that..

and also about the ethocentric/mice.. i do admit that humans think that they are so great or whatever, but i honestly dont think that has anything to do with religion or why religion was made because Humans do the same thing when it comes to God

its not like we let God take control. Most cases, we do worse to God then when we say we cant be from mice cause we go a step further and say we know better then God and spit in his face

but still..

Now tell me: what has alchemy to do with science???? Alchemy is not a science and never was.

And the postulate that the world is flat has nothing to do with science either.

And about theories, haven't you read that?

Read this: http://home.comcast.net/~fsteiger/theory.htm. It's a pity people say and believe things without actually knowing.

Yes science is changing, because when people discover that a theory is wrong, they don't try to deny the facts and won't continue to claim it is true.

Christianism is based on an even bigger and much less realistic assumption: that what the bible says is true.

About evolution or creation, I think it's evolution. And here is why I think creation was invented: humans tend to be ethocentric and want to believe they are special. "Oh, we are so intelligent, we just can't have a common ancestor with mices and bacterias

and about having so many different religions,, its the same as why there are so many ideas in science. each people see soemthing and try to understand it by mkaing up reasons. information wise, there isnt nearly as much evidence of truth as there is for christianity PLUS.... almost all other religions (except for muslims and jews) base their belief off of what someone thought.

also about believing..Christians beileve IN Jesus Christ/God because we have witnesses and testimonies from other people that God is real.. unless your a Christian that has felt God's presence and not some kid who went to church unwillingly shouldn't be saying that..

and also about the ethocentric/mice.. i do admit that humans think that they are so great or whatever, but i honestly dont think that has anything to do with religion or why religion was made because Humans do the same thing when it comes to God

its not like we let God take control. Most cases, we do worse to God then when we say we cant be from mice cause we go a step further and say we know better then God and spit in his face

Now come on. I have no problem debating with you, but please don't deride other religions. You're not one of those christians who thinks that if you're not a christian you're going to Hell are you? Because again, that is not what I think of when I envision the ultimate compassion of God. Because, even if you can accept the idea that all other religions are basically lies, that means that a kid who died when he was a day old (too early to be baptised) is going straight to Hell! That's not right.

Christianism is based on an even bigger and much less realistic assumption: that what the bible says is true.

how do you know that the Bible is fake?..

your saying in this Earth all the millions of people that are Christian is stupid enough to believe in a less realistic assumption..

i highly doubt that..

[edit]: hahah randomguy.. i have no problem debating with you guys either.. but yea iam those guys that believe if your not a christian you'll go to hell.. im not sure how God'll take the little kid but iknow and i stand on my ground on this. Christianity is the way to heaven.. im not being ignorant..but its the truth.

and to tarratra. how come jew s wotn become christians?/ because they dont believe in Jesus Christ..have you not seen Passion of Christ?.. Jews beileve that their "messiah" hasn't come yet..

Edited by Jjangthekid

What evidence is there for christianity?

About the witnesses, a few centuries ago people didn't know well the effect of drugs :naughty:

I have heard of someone that has succeed in forming a sect with the use of magic mushrooms.... and there are many exemples of such stuff happening nowadays. At the time when people hadn't even heard of these kind of drugs, it must have been far worse.

About the feeling of god: a few times I have almost been hit on a car. I thank my nerves for saving me. Some people would have thanked god... I sometimes have had overwhelming feelings of joy. Some people would also have called that god... Jeanne d'Arc was called a saint because supposedly she had heard god's voice telling her to save her country. Now we know the name of this: schizophrenia (sp?)

I don't say I know better than god. I just say I have more backing for what I say than people who just throw bible verses in my face.

There is a guy claiming he's the half-brother of jesus and that their father was an extraterrestrial. He also has witnesses. Why not believe him?

your saying in this Earth all the millions of people that are Christian is stupid enough to believe in a less realistic assumption..

i highly doubt that..

That's exactly the problem. How do you know that what the bible says is the truth?

I don't care how many people believe in it. They have been taught to believe in it, and maybe don't have the will to question what they have been taught.

i highly doubt that..

[edit]: hahah randomguy.. i have no problem debating with you guys either.. but yea iam those guys that believe if your not a christian you'll go to hell.. im not sure how God'll take the little kid but iknow and i stand on my ground on this. Christianity is the way to heaven.. im not being ignorant..but its the truth.

Well, besides the kid, consider the millions of other people who believe that their religion is the true religion. Many of these people have faith as strong as yours, if not stronger. They'll pray every day, take religious holidays off, and never sin (by their versions of sin). And they are all convinced that they are going to their version of paradise. So you really mean to tell me that after a lifetime of faithful servitude and faith, they'll turn up at the door and St Peter will tell them, "Whoops, sorry, wrong religion"? Doesn't seem like the God YOU believe in os very compassionate at all!

Besides that, say a Morman, a Presbyterian, a Catholic and an Amish guy turn up? Are they all getting in? All of their religions are pretty different - different enough to have massive verbal and physical battles about. And they all preach that theirs is the one true religion. Hmm... it sounds like the window for people getting into Heaven is really closing down!

Let me close with this; if you really believe this, how sure are you that you've made the right choice?

many people belive in Christianity because they've seen it with their own two eyes on how God works in their life..

im not dissing you or anything but hell there are so many more intellectual peole out in this world..

you think whenever a person converts to christianity..their life is perfect?/ hell no..its more trouble for them because being a christian is different..people look down on christians.... they struggle even more being a christian.

Let me close with this; if you really believe this, how sure are you that you've made the right choice?

dont need to ask me that.. 100% sure i made the right choice..

woops sorry about double post.. :naughty:

About the feeling of god: a few times I have almost been hit on a car. I thank my nerves for saving me. Some people would have thanked god... I sometimes have had overwhelming feelings of joy. Some people would also have called that god... Jeanne d'Arc was called a saint because supposedly she had heard god's voice telling her to save her country. Now we know the name of this: schizophrenia (sp?)

I don't say I know better than god. I just say I have more backing for what I say than people who just throw bible verses in my face.

There is a guy claiming he's the half-brother of jesus and that their father was an extraterrestrial. He also has witnesses. Why not believe him?

haha how many witnesses 1 or 2?.. however man.. in christianity there alot more than 1-2 witnesses..

[edit2]: also im willing to talk to people about this on aim.. i hate posting..and editing.a.nd all that crap.. so my aim is t mrx8st or write down yours and ill takl to you there. also.

Edited by Jjangthekid