Evolution vs. Creation

OverlordMondo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and to Mr.Gryph on this one.or to everyone thats on this forum thats not a christian..  You guys are saying your ancestors were tiny little protists ??? that were floating in water? and somehow through natural selection that little protist became a fish..than turned into a frog..than something that was able to live on land?? than became us??.. thats bogus..hahah..in my opinion...

and one more thing.. i say science is unreliable..how many hypothesis do scientists make and later on finds out that its wrong..they do it over and over..and somehow they think they found the answer..but its still wrong....

Ofcourse I believe in that because I have SCIENCE and PROOF on my side. You just have faith, that's nothing compared to scientific research. I had to go take a shower and go to class but when I'm at work I will have time to respond to that.

But this one just caught my eye:

how many hypothesis do scientists make and later on finds out that its wrong..

What the flock do you thinks they do experiments and research for? Do you even know what a hypotheisis is?! Don't use words that you don't know and don't say things that you can't defend with proof or a decent arguement.

I am not attacking Christianity or any religion. Hell, if I still believed in God I would probably think that God put that single prokaryote in the ocean and said "Let there be life! LOL!"

flock??. haha.. i know what that word means.. Hypothesis: an educated guess and i'll defend anything that you guys say against christianity. although im not a scholar or a person who studied theology..i 've been going to church for quite a while and im pretty sure ill defend anything you guys bring up..

and yea scientists bring up so many hypothesis and theories and later find out its wrong..and so they bring up another hypothesis/theory its a process that keeps repeating over and over..

Edited by Jjangthekid

What the flock do you thinks they do experiments and research for? Do you even know what a hypotheisis is?! Don't use words that you don't know and don't say things that you can't defend with proof or a decent arguement. 

haha mr.gryph chill out man.. im not some uneducated kid whos looking down on evolution.. i had share of ap bio and regular bio.. so dont take me as if i dont know what im talking about.. <_<

haha mr.gryph chill out man.. im not some uneducated kid whos looking down on evolution.. i had share of ap bio and regular bio.. so dont take me as if i dont know what im talking about.. <_<

Well if you know as much as you say you do you wouldn't have used such a poorly structured arguement. A scientific hyptothesis must meet two requirements and you should already know this since you took AP Bio so I won't explain it:

1. A scientific hypothesis must be testable

2. A scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable.

Science is a process of learning, it keeps changing. No one knows everything which is why there are so many hypothesis and so many experiments done. How do you learn new things without exploring new ideas?

Also, theories are rarely proven wrong so I don't know where you got that from.

Please explain this word to me.

A prokaryote is single celled organism without a nucleus or organelles. They are basically the simplest form of life and are found everywhere even where no life was thought to be found.

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution." - Theodosius Dobzhansky (1900-1975)

Science is a process of learning, it keeps changing. No one knows everything  which is why there are so many hypothesis and so many experiments done. How do you learn new things without exploring new ideas?

yea so how reliable is science? if it keeps on changing? the Bible doesnt change,,, I believe the first 5 books were wriiten by Moses and it never changed.. though the scholars translated the Bible into many different languages..the meaning behind the Bible never changed.

and for the theory..maybe i heard that wrong so I wont say more about that..but science gets disproven. no?..

Science is a process of learning, it keeps changing. No one knows everything  which is why there are so many hypothesis and so many experiments done. How do you learn new things without exploring new ideas?

yea so how reliable is science? if it keeps on changing? the Bible doesnt change,,, I believe the first 5 books were wriiten by Moses and it never changed.. though the scholars translated the Bible into many different languages..the meaning behind the Bible never changed.

and for the theory..maybe i heard that wrong so I wont say more about that..but science gets disproven. no?..

That's exactly the point of science. It doesn't just keeps changing as you say. A theory is considered valid if it is proven right with the current knowledge. To prove it wrong, one needs to have valid arguments against it. That's exactly why it is reliable: a theory proven wrong is left behind, and a theory isn't considered true if there are no proofs.

That's not like believing blindly in something written long ago with no proofs to back it... My family is also christian. But why would I believe something only because a priest says so, and because it is written in a book?

Now, please explain me something: why are there so many religions? If what is said in the Bible, why would there be the Coran? And why wouldn't jews become christians as well?

Believing in something just because it is written is very easy. Trying to back what one says with proof is much harder. Most people just follow the easy way... (Actually, that goes for science as well. Most people will believe something if a scientist says it and he has the agreement of the scientific community. Except with science, you can look for his evidences and try to prove him wrong.)

About evolution or creation, I think it's evolution. And here is why I think creation was invented: humans tend to be ethocentric and want to believe they are special. "Oh, we are so intelligent, we just can't have a common ancestor with mices and bacterias."