Vote for Kerry

-VIOLENCE-

QUOTE (L.S.D @ Sep 1 2004, 10:40 AM)

QUOTE (GryphonKlaw @ Sep 1 2004, 02:46 PM)

I still have to register to vote... better get on the ball.

Now I will probably vote democrat but when I'm a doctor I will probably vote republican...

What's the difference? 

Well not too much actually but republicans are on the offensive on cutting down frivalous medical lawsuits which has caused physicians insurance to skyrocket. Malpractice insurance is so high in some places that many doctors are calling it quits because they can't afford the insurance (and when a doctor can't afford something, you know something is wrong.) And the constant worry of frivalous lawsuits is really scary.

Gryph, i know all about the malpractice suits that are hurting today's medical practices (my dad supplies practices with patient records software), but think about the big picture. The Democrats will help get healtcare to the millions of americans who don't have it and will also - as you said yourself - have a better agenda as of the 2004 election - the one that matters right now. I was at the DNC and I shook Kerry's hand, and let me tell you, the man has got a better plan than all of Bush's strategists could come up with.

P.S. - Gryph, good on ya for going into medicine. Are you planning on being a GP or specializing? If so, in what?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (L.S.D @ Sep 1 2004, 10:40 AM)

QUOTE (GryphonKlaw @ Sep 1 2004, 02:46 PM)

I still have to register to vote... better get on the ball.

Now I will probably vote democrat but when I'm a doctor I will probably vote republican...

What's the difference? 

Well not too much actually but republicans are on the offensive on cutting down frivalous medical lawsuits which has caused physicians insurance to skyrocket. Malpractice insurance is so high in some places that many doctors are calling it quits because they can't afford the insurance (and when a doctor can't afford something, you know something is wrong.) And the constant worry of frivalous lawsuits is really scary.

Gryph, i know all about the malpractice suits that are hurting today's medical practices (my dad supplies practices with patient records software), but think about the big picture. The Democrats will help get healtcare to the millions of americans who don't have it and will also - as you said yourself - have a better agenda as of the 2004 election - the one that matters right now. I was at the DNC and I shook Kerry's hand, and let me tell you, the man has got a better plan than all of Bush's strategists could come up with.

P.S. - Gryph, good on ya for going into medicine. Are you planning on being a GP or specializing? If so, in what?

Hopefully the Democrats can implement the complete health care coverage. That would kick ass, much better than the Republican privatized health care initiatives. It's too early to judge which way I'll vote later but I will always be socially liberal.

Anyway, I am definitely going to specialize. I'm not absolutely sure yet and I'll know which one to do when I'm in medical school. Ask me again in 6 years. :P But I'm looking towards either cardiology, oncology, and endocrinology.

It's not different from others around here. Some hated Republicans all their life.

Sorry if I'm not part of the 40% of voters (actual number) that vote the person who will give them the most money. This is the general Democratic mindset and I don't believe in that. Now get over it.

I've always supported Republicans...until Bush and his Bushisms. They sicken me.

The issue I want someone to cover is this "old people tax". I don't know what it's called, but apparently, every time you're paid, they deduct a portion of your salary and give it to old people. But at the rate things are going, I guess WE won't have such a benefit. Which is lame. That means I'm losing money so some old dude can buy a wheelchair and attempt to live longer. Horrible.

It's not different from others around here. Some hated Republicans all their life.

Sorry if I'm not part of the 40% of voters (actual number) that vote the person who will give them the most money. This is the general Democratic mindset and I don't believe in that. Now get over it.

I would have said the same thing if someone said "Plus I've hated Republicans my whole life." When someone says something like that, it doesn't sound like there was much thought or reason put into that decision.

GryphonKlaw: oncology? i salute you, it takes a big person to do that kind of work, i know what im talking about...

Thank you. It is very challenging and very rewarding...I hope I'm cut out to do something as tough as that.

Bollocks - that's the Republican mindset not the Democrat mindset. Don't forget that the stereotype is of whiny liberals caring about other people, and of heartless republicans just in it for the money, and those cliches are there for a reason (every stereotype was grounded in truth).