Vote for Kerry

-VIOLENCE-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered to vote yesterday and I didn't join a party. Now I can act like one of those undecided people that those two are fighting over. FIGHT OVER ME BITCHES!

Do you guys have to join a party when you register to vote? That's odd.

I registered to vote yesterday and I didn't join a party. Now I can act like one of those undecided people that those two are fighting over. FIGHT OVER ME BITCHES!

No, the person just asked me if I wanted to join a party. I said "No thanks." I don't want to be fettered by party alliance.

No, the person just asked me if I wanted to join a party. I said "No thanks." I don't want to be fettered by party alliance.

But what does it mean if you do join a party? Do you somehow have to vote for that party? What difference does it make, in other words.

The person you registered to asked you that? Isn't it the role of the parties themselves to get members? Getting an official to recruit members sounds really strange.

The person you registered to asked you that? Isn't it the role of the parties themselves to get members? Getting an official to recruit members sounds really strange.

There is more than one way to do it. On the official form there is a check box for Democrat, Republican, Other (with a space after it), and then None. I was tempted to join the Libertarian party but I'd rather not have an affiliation, atleast not now.

But what does it mean if you do join a party? Do you somehow have to vote for that party? What difference does it make, in other words.

No, it just means you belong to the party. You don't have to vote for that certain candidate or anything like. But joining a party means you can participate in their closed primaries and stuff like that. Another reason I didn't join a party was because I was afraid I'd start getting mail and flyers from the party. You're not obligated to vote but I can't say that I'm a Democrat now. I can only pretend. :)

Funny to see how much the taxes argument is used worldwide... Considering the state of the medical care system, of the public schools and universities, of the public help for poor and homeless people etc... in the U.S., if I was american I'd be willing to pay MORE taxes! :)

EDIT: I just couldn't resist posting this:

bush.jpg

Edited by taratata