King of Fighters NeoWave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

is the any images of ithis game yet?, id like to see how the characters look in it.

oh and btw, until ye guys play it, i don't think ye should be saying it should go to hell etc.

**EDIT**

never mind what i just said, i found some images of the game.

The King of Fighters NeoWave

Publisher: SNK Playmore

Platform: Atomsiwave Arcade

Genre: Fighting

Origin: Japan

Release: July 2004

Here are some new images of SNK Playmore's first Atomiswave.NET (AW-NET) arcade fighting game The King of Fighters NeoWave, the game will all new 3D backgrounds, new Heat Mode, Super Cancel and Charge Systems. KOF NeoWave also supports save cards, you can save your team data and fighting records to the cards. There are 23 teams and 36 playable characters, include:

* Japan Team - Benimaru Nikaido, Kyo Kusanagi, Goro Daimon

* Korea Team - Choi Bounge, Jhun, Chang Koehan

* Art of Fighting Team - Robert Garcia, Ryo Sakazaki, Takuma Sakazaki

* Woman Fighters Team - King, Mai Shiranui, Yuri Sakazaki

* KOF'96 Team - Vice, Iori Yagami, Mature

* KOF'97 Team - Billy Kane, Blue Mary, Ryuji Yamazaki

* KOF'98 Team - Shermie, Yashiro Nanakase, Chris

* KOF'99 Team - Whip, K', Maxima

* Mixed Team - Kula Diamond, Saisyu Kusanagi, Shingo Yabuki

* Psycho Soldier Team - Chin Gentsai, Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou

* Ikari Team - Clark Still, Leona, Ralf Jones

* Fatal Fury Team - Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi

kofnw13.jpg

kofnw15.jpg

kofnw4.jpg

kofnw10.jpg

kofnw14.jpg

oh well, i should of knowing the characters wouldn't be updated, it IS snk after all, even with new hardware they still recycle the same old characters :lol: , i mean, i don't mean to sound bad or anything, but im sick of them using the same old character spirites, have they lost all the real artist or something somewhere back in 94?, they have no excuse about hardware, so no excuse for why they couldn't update the character spirites and give them a much higher res like guilty gears.

Edited by zero129

is the any images of ithis game yet?, id like to see how the characters look in it.

oh and btw, until ye guys play it, i don't think ye should be saying it should go to hell etc.

You haven't been following it for as long as I have.

The gameplay is slower then 2k2.

They removed May Lee, K9999, Angel.

The boss is cheaper then frking Igniz.

Kim, Seth, Venessa & Ramon are hidden characters, for what reason? SNK is smoking it again.

The new levels are medicore or crappy.

The sprites look like 2k1 PS2 version, which is sheit.

They removed May Lee.

Music sucks.

They removed May Lee.

No new Athena costume. WHY!?

Stupid rehash!

Only like, 1 new anim, and it's for Benimaru. Everyone else has modified ones or new moves made up of completely old sprites.

"Old, Recycled Sprites... on fairly NEW Hardware!" - Orochinagi

Edit: I quit posting news about it because the news isn't coming in anymore. The vids are out. It's been friking too long in testing. Come on, it's been 3 months already. And only a limited amount of arcade operators actally own it. Oh, and a majority of KOF players don't want GG like spirtes. Because frankly, their more cartoony.

I've said my anger.

Edited by K`dash

Nevermind: K' posted while I was typing this.. :lol:

I must have missed the train here. It doesn't look like there's going to be a whole lot of new content to enjoy, but I haven't read anything that makes it sound any worse than any of the older KOFs, which I still enjoy a great deal. It's a shame that they didn't make a stonger first attempt on the new hardware, but it's probably more of a tech-demo for them.

What did I miss that makes everyone, or at least K', so hard on this game?

Edited by Daeval

You haven't been following it for as long as I have.

The gameplay is slower then 2k2.

They removed May Lee, K9999, Angel.

The boss is cheaper then frking Igniz.

Kim, Seth, Venessa & Ramon are hidden characters, for what reason? SNK is smoking it again.

The new levels are medicore or crappy.

The sprites look like 2k1 PS2 version, which is sheit.

They removed May Lee.

Music sucks.

They removed May Lee.

No new Athena costume. WHY!?

Stupid rehash!

Only like, 1 new anim, and it's for Benimaru. Everyone else has modified ones or new moves made up of completely old sprites.

"Old, Recycled Sprites... on fairly NEW Hardware!" - Orochinagi

Edit: I quit posting news about it because the news isn't coming in anymore. The vids are out. It's been friking too long in testing. Come on, it's been 3 months already. And only a limited amount of arcade operators actally own it. Oh, and a majority of KOF players don't want GG like spirtes. Because frankly, their more cartoony.

I've said my anger.

Yes i now see what you where talking about, i thought they would of had updated character spirites in a higher res for everyone like guilty gear x,and that was why they removed some stuff to save time, but no, they just used the same old stuff :lol: , the is no excuse for them removing all the stuff they did, and not adding any new content