Manhunt ban?

Should violent games like this be banned?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, due to a rescent murder in my country, some stores have decided to ban the ultra violent game Manhunt since this is the game that has been said is to blame.

I personally feel that there must be something wrong with you if a game is enough to make you do something like this in the first place, therefore I feel it's stupid to blame the game, besides, it's ment to be sold to 18+ here.

I just wanted to know some of you guys opinions on things like this B)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are ESRB/CESO ratings for a reason. And I wouldn't call Manhunt Ultra violent. But laws should be enforced if their wanting to take it seriously.

There are ESRB/CESO ratings for a reason. And I wouldn't call Manhunt Ultra violent. But laws should be enforced if their wanting to take it seriously.

Thats the point I was trying to say, over here we have PEGI who have rated this game strictly for adults.

well manhunt is pretty violent but the game did poorly (notice how quick xbox and pc versions came out) so i don't see the big deal but game bans aren't new and that game was already banned from a few places (hell even some country banned the matrix reloaded for being too violent lol)

Thats the point I was trying to say, over here we have PEGI who have rated this game strictly for adults.

We have PEGI also...and surprisingly many parents adhere to the rating on the box.

The selection of games will get boring as hell if stores start to mass-ban violent games. No thanks.

Edited by Agozer

I like violence.  My parents are scared of me, so they'll let me get pretty much any game I want.  Still asking for Sexy Beach 2 though...

ROFL. Sexy Beach 2 is awesome. :lol:B)

I like violence.  My parents are scared of me, so they'll let me get pretty much any game I want.  Still asking for Sexy Beach 2 though...

ROFL. Sexy Beach 2 is awesome. :lol:B)

It is. Very. Sadly I need to redownload it since my 2 cd version is messed up.

2 things I noticed with games. It becomes poorly enforced (prime example: U.S.) or it gets highly enforced (example: greece, really big ban on video games).

manhunt should be banned....for sucking so hard!

I voted no. B)

First they make a ratings system and then ban games when their own rating system doesn't work. So stupid. I'm glad I don't live in Germany or Brazil or any of those other countries that ban games because they are too violent or controversial. No matter how much Joe Lieberman will biatch and complain about violent games, nothing will ever get done here. Muahaha! Bring on the violence, bring on the gore!

By the way, I like your banner Garage.