Samurai Spirits Zero Special Edition Censord

Wizard

Word is spreading. People are bitching, 40,000 YEN for a friking censord game!

I've seen vids my self, where they show off the Zetsumeis of each character, but people keep saying in the recently released AES version, that the Zetsumei, otherly known as "Fatality" has been cut, completely, along with the blood. All they kept are the character changes. Everything, cut, gone, removed, [insert more words]! In other words, it's not a "direct" MVS to AES conversion like everything else we've seen.

Keep your hopes up for a dump of the MVS version because the AES version is completely different at this point.

SNKP, you guys fscked up.

Other note: Chances of seeing a direct Arcade port for the [sSZS] PS2 version, complete with zetsumei, is just really unlikely now.

Edit: Oh yeah, they completely removed Yumeji (FSCKERS!) and Sankuro(good riddence!)

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less. Just hope they fixed the gameplay. Yoshitora owning just abt everyone else is really no fun. :P

I agree with the Yoshitora part....damn SNKP, you really borked it now.

That is just unbelievable.

I share your grief, K'Dash...

I did not have huge anticipation for SNKP, but wow.

I hope they dump it soon.

Seriously, Special is more like a "Fan-service", rather than a new version.

I can understand the price, since its limited, but getting rid of the fatality is just BS. It's an essential part of the game, not just a flash gore-show like MK series.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MK series as well, but they were more of a spectacle rather than a game-breaking move.

In SSZ Special, the fatality is incredibly important that it exists in the game.

About Yumeji, I knew she would not appear in SSZ:Special, along with Sankuro as well. Yumeji's dots were ripped off from Ukyo and Sankuro is from Genjuro.

Their motions and body proportions seem a lot awkward at times because they took the same pixels and just changed the dots around.

Since Yuki with 16 developers are never going to do dots for 2 characters that would require some hefty balancing, I did expect them to disappear, whether playable or none-playable.

But it seems its goign to be a long time before anyone dumps it, so I'll be watching the tourney videos from Sinjuku land and Fantasy star arcades in Japan...

I'll wait for the American release to make my decision.

This is the american version.

The japanese and american AES versions came out at the same time. No American MVS copies are coming to the U.S. sadly.

that is sad news, i hope at least ps2's version will have blood in it
Chances are of that happening is unlikely. Because the PS2 version is the non special edition and the only new things in it is Yumeji and Sankuro playable.
The Phantom,Jul 12 2004, 09:58 PM]About Yumeji, I knew she would not appear in SSZ:Special, along with Sankuro as well. Yumeji's dots were ripped off from Ukyo and Sankuro is from Genjuro.

Their motions and body proportions seem a lot awkward at times because they took the same pixels and just changed the dots around.

Since Yuki with 16 developers are never going to do dots for 2 characters that would require some hefty balancing, I did expect them to disappear, whether playable or none-playable.

But it seems its goign to be a long time before anyone dumps it, so I'll be watching the tourney videos from Sinjuku land and Fantasy star arcades in Japan...

Most of the AES community is pissed, everyone was hopeing, because this would be the final AES/MVS game, to be fully uncensord.

About Yumeji and Sankuro, I know about their pallet swamps, but it was SNKP who said they would in the game along with GA-OH, Mizuki, Amasuka and Zankuro, bringing the character total to 28 if Yumeji and Sankuro were still in the game. KOF2k1 has more characters then that, KOF2k1 had 38 characters! To balance them out, I was hope that Yumeji would of went more towards Ukyo's bust list then that transforming crap, Sankuro...well..sheit it's Sankuro, and who likes him?

Edited by K`dash

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't get it!!! Just to know what kinda arcade are NeoRAGEx, Kawaks and MAME emulating AES or MVS?!

I have Samurai Shodown 5/Samurai Spirits Zero emulated using NeoRAGEx! GA-OH, Yumeji, Sankuro(fsck him and his wipeass strikers)

aren't playable!!! And now I hear of this new version wich is called "Special" what's the deal?!