bittorrent question

is there any way to disable sharing on bittorrent while you are downloading something?

thanks

*** oh yea that Bram Cohen dude looks like a crook.

Doing so would defeat the whole purpose of BitTorrent. Well, in ABC you can stop the sharing as soon as the download is complete even though ABC would still like to continue sharing the file(s).

Edited by Agozer

dude not sharing on bittorrent would be the ultimate stupidity!! thered be no point in it existing.. nobody would share if they didnt have to!! but hey if you find a hacked version that doent share give me a link ;):):D

dude i dont mind uploading, but the ratios are all fuked up

its always like downloaded 200mb, uploaded 827 mb, or downloaded 100mb, uploaded 400mb.

Is this one person uploading or many, if its many i don’t mind, it doesn’t seem right to have such a slow ass download rate and a quicker upload rate, and if the upload rate is killing my download rate then fuk all of you, i dont need to keep my computer on for a few extra days for your benefit.

Edited by PLasticSlug

you do know that if you're on dsl you have to limit your upload rate by at least 5kb/s to get a propper download rate right? If you lower it down by 6kb/s or more more, then that's just dirty leeching. I have my max rate set to about 25kb/s out of 30kb/s

Meh, I just use the offical client. I can't be arsed to mess around the configuration files on ABC.

I praise Bram Cohen everyday. He's just a 4 city bus stops away.

Meh, I just use the offical client. I can't be arsed to mess around the configuration files on ABC.

I praise Bram Cohen everyday. He's just a 4 city bus stops away.

Configuration files? ABC has those things? :)

What are you a selfish asshole? Downloading and uploading at the same time is what makes Bit torrent so great. If you're not going to upload, please don't download.

dude... in response all i can say is yes i am a selfish asshole... and no i dont like sharing.... it slows my already patheticcaly slow 56k downloads... but hey thats my choice... :)